The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Gave my collection a jump start!

Go down 
+4
**GS**
Manser
Mr. Mordax
Canth
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Gave my collection a jump start! Empty
PostSubject: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/25/2010, 7:54 pm

First off is R. junceus! I got 6 of these but one is acting a little funny, so I'm only counting on five. This is the largest one, the rest are an instar or so behind
Gave my collection a jump start! PB250010
Gave my collection a jump start! PB250002

Next up, Centruroides nigrescens! I got 6 of these too and they're all healthy Very Happy
Just realized, I only have one good shot of the C. nigrescens...Oh well Razz the other's a cell phone pic.
Gave my collection a jump start! PB250025
Gave my collection a jump start! IMAG0078

Annnd, H. hottentotta/caboverdensis (what's the correct name?) 15 of these!!! Hopefully enough to get a little breeding group going Very Happy
Gave my collection a jump start! PB250016

Last but not least, a little Chaerilus celebensis. I don't know if it's male or female or an adult, but it's going off to telow soon Smile
Gave my collection a jump start! PB250014

Here's a size shot of the C. celebensis. US quarter for reference
Gave my collection a jump start! IMAG0068
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/25/2010, 8:00 pm

Nice upgrades, Jared! Very Happy R. junceus are some beautiful scorps.
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/25/2010, 9:40 pm

very nice looking scorps mate
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/25/2010, 10:26 pm

Nice additions indeed! Especially R. junceus Cool
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/26/2010, 7:05 am

wow awesome pics loving the H. hottentotta/caboverdensis id love some of those!
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/26/2010, 10:30 am

nice junceus... I used to have one but i gave it away when I left KL...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/26/2010, 10:31 am

Nice pictures Gave my collection a jump start! 129887

I would love a junceus!
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/26/2010, 10:37 am

Awesome shots Bro, and congrats on the additions. Kens had RJ's for a while and I want one! I just have many other things happening at the moment! Do me a favor and ease my pain by posting plenty of pictures Smile
They are all beautiful though too, love those hotty's
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/26/2010, 9:13 pm

Those Hottentotta's are Caboverdensis' just like mine, H.H. generally usually have light bodies from what i've seen. It's like the difference between an H.Arizonensis and H.Spadix, pretty much just body color but H.C. are more proven to be parthenogenic, H.H. are disputably parthenogenic too. They are cannabalistic though just an fyi, had about 3 or 4 of mine become sister food Sad.
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/26/2010, 9:26 pm

Chrome wrote:
Those Hottentotta's are Caboverdensis' just like mine, H.H. generally usually have light bodies from what i've seen. It's like the difference between an H.Arizonensis and H.Spadix, pretty much just body color but H.C. are more proven to be parthenogenic, H.H. are disputably parthenogenic too. They are cannabalistic though just an fyi, had about 3 or 4 of mine become sister food Sad.

Thanks for the info!! I'll separate mine pretty soon, I didn't expect to get so many so I kinda scrambled for housing Razz Now I gotta dig out all my little delicups ha. I'll be sure to remember that bit on H. caboverdensis Smile
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/27/2010, 1:37 am

Yea, had a group colony of 6 siblings to try it out and kept about 16 in seperate containers and what i've seen happen is where there was 6 there is now 2 ( they were well fed) and the individual ones grew twice as fast (no clue why, maybe fighting for food made them eat less so then they grew less?).
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/27/2010, 2:04 am

Chrome wrote:

I don't know enough about the differences between HH and HC but I can say that the HH I have seen were about that color and were definitely darker than Hottentotta Trilineatus which is what I have and they are very light in color.
You may be correct in that they are HC Chrome but I am not sure if you are thinking of H. Trilineatus instead of H. Hottentotta.
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/28/2010, 12:14 am

Mmmmm, no dont think so, H.C and H.H are damn near identical just one is light and one is dark, one is 100% parthenogenic and the other might be. I dont really have very much experience with H. trilineatus but I do with both H.H and H.C., and also They look identical to my H. cabs when I first got them.

But then again you could be right and maybe H.C and H.H sometimes look the same as low instars, we'll definitely see in about 2 molts though.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty11/28/2010, 2:15 pm

Chrome wrote:
Mmmmm, no dont think so, H.C and H.H are damn near identical just one is light and one is dark, one is 100% parthenogenic and the other might be. I dont really have very much experience with H. trilineatus but I do with both H.H and H.C., and also They look identical to my H. cabs when I first got them.

But then again you could be right and maybe H.C and H.H sometimes look the same as low instars, we'll definitely see in about 2 molts though.

Yes I was more asking a questions as the way I understood the explanation it sounded like my thoughts of the differences between HH and HT where they look the same but HT are definitely the light tan color. Keep the comparo going though as I would like to learn more - I love my Hottentotta's Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gave my collection a jump start!   Gave my collection a jump start! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gave my collection a jump start!
Page 1 of 1