The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Most lethal scorpions of them all?

Go down 
+6
_scorpio_
the lycan mikey
Chrome
TELOW
Aviculor
Manser
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TELOW
Centruroides
TELOW

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/26/2010, 6:32 pm

immune to pepperspray huh ?
i got a aji ghost pepper here you want to test it hahaha
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/26/2010, 6:39 pm

René wrote:
H. laoticus wrote:
Pepper spray, no need to punch anyone.

Well, I learned in the military that I'm pretty much immune to pepperspray and teargas so, won't hurt me Wink

Unless you're into mugging women or picking fights, won't have to waste it on you lol

By the way, how'd you find out you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/26/2010, 6:52 pm

H. laoticus wrote:
René wrote:
H. laoticus wrote:

Well, I learned in the military that I'm pretty much immune to pepperspray and teargas so, won't hurt me Wink

Unless you're into mugging women or picking fights, won't have to waste it on you lol

Well, I'm not into mugging anyone...

It was a drill to test it in case that we would be subjected to it in sharp situations so we were put in a room and they threw in teargas and locked the doors Smile me and my sergent was the only ones unaffected by it, the rest of my platoon was crying, coufing and throwing up Laughing

I was told that it just doesn't effect some people for some reason...
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/26/2010, 6:58 pm

Rene, my post was not directed at you it just came in before I posted. My post was in response to Kejser. His came off a little more belittling and offensive.

As for Martial Arts man I have done a lot. Started Judo when I was kid then got to be too much of a punk and didn't get back into anything until I was about 19. I did Kenpo for a very along time and Tai Chi. then I got in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to improve my ground game (if that is your goal for that - great call Very Happy). I also got into a traditional style of Japanese swordsmanship. I went to train that with my teacher in Japan who was a live in student (uchideshi) with Morehei Ueshiba, the founder of Aikido. So I started Aikido in Japan also. Was surprisingly useful in filling the gaps of controlling an opponent without trashing them. ( I did a lot of security and that was a big thing, it is easy to knock someone out and easy to get them in one lock but if you don't want to break something and the start to move it is hard to maintain control without destroying a joint or at least soft tissue, Aikido is a Godsend when it comes to transitioning beetween locks and maintaining control of your opponent) There was also a lady (another teacher in Tokyo that my teacher sponsored to be there and teach) who taught Wushu and Tai Chi, so I continued Tai Chi under her and started Wushu also. I have had little exposure to Kali and a little exposure to Muay Thai. I've been off of training for a few years now but am trying to get something going again in the town I am in. I am in touch with my teachers in Madison, WI, San Fran, Ca, Tokyo and Rio De Jinero so it's just a matter of getting off my butt and getting others to train with me. I really want to do more Muay Thai. Also just met a guy who is in his 60's or so last night and his buddy is pretty renowned in Escrima around here. He does a lot of training with the military and police forces here. That has been probably my biggest passion my whole life. I don't want to sound anything but humble but it has been so much my life that I have aquired a lot of friends and at least a very admirable level of knowledge and skill to the lay man. In our circle you know very well that there is always someone better and that there is always something new to learn, training never ends, that's probably the best thing about it.

As for weapons and what not, I can disarm most police officers. In fact when doing security there were numerous times multiple police officers couldn't get cuffs on a guy I was subduing for 30 min while waiting for them to show up and would end up asking me to help, so I would do it to their disbelief. But then again I have had numerous police officers as students.

As for small chicks, I have had multiple women as teachers and muscle really has nothing to do with it, unless you are already using perfect form and technique Smile I used to teach weekly Womans Self Defense Seminars. Smaller knuckles hurt more anyway Wink

As for the Military, what did you do Rene? I have a lot of friends in the military and have trained with a lot of military guys. I trained BJJ with an Army Ranger actually, that dude was tough!! Couldn't be choked, even by 2x world BJJ champions, not joking! He was great to train with - super humble and really a helpful and nice guy all around. Just hope he is still around. I'm sure he has now been to the Middle East numerous times.

My best friend growing up is a Chief in the Navy and now is responsible for carting his seal team around and getting them into places to drop em' off. I no longer get to hear his stories Sad But as long as he makes it back every time I can live with that. Funny thing is asked him to talk to one of his seal buddies and set up a friendly match, hand to hand only. Every vouched they are just crazy, if it was a friendly match I would whoop him but if it wasn't anything could happen as they will rip your ear off without a thought, all in the training. And for the same reason I got to have a Ranger as a training partner is their focus for training is so wide; a little hand to hand, various weapons, blowing stuff up all the other normal military training to boot. So a lot of them do what I have done to improve their last line of defense.

I could talk about this for years guys, I better stop and make dinner!! If you have any questions though feel free to ask Smile
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/26/2010, 7:04 pm

René wrote:
H. laoticus wrote:
René wrote:
H. laoticus wrote:

Well, I'm not into mugging anyone...

It was a drill to test it in case that we would be subjected to it in sharp situations so we were put in a room and they threw in teargas and locked the doors Smile me and my sergent was the only ones unaffected by it, the rest of my platoon was crying, coufing and throwing up Laughing

I was told that it just doesn't effect some people for some reason...

Yes even Police have to do this training, basically anyone who will use it or come in contact. I believe all police and all branches of the US military have to do the same training. Sounds like you are one of the lucky few Very Happy

Forgot to mention funny thing about Wing Tsun. My buddy bought a really nice wooden dummy. Later he was a roommate of mine so of course I was ecstatic to have this thing in my apt. I taught myself the 108 techniques and validated it against video. I had been teaching for a couple years by that point so the basics were there it was just that style of movement. I loved it, it was a lot of fun and really cool stuff!

Speaking of small ladies too, that is the perfect style to learn! It was actually developed as a collaboration of techniques form all the styles being practiced at that time. And this was done to teach the woman of Shaolin a style to protect themselves and the temple with. Also in this way it was all the highlights of the styles and taught as an excellorated course sort of speak! Good one to look for Penny Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/26/2010, 7:18 pm

Wow, you got a bit more experience in that area then me I guess Very Happy I would love to start krav maga aswell, it's a really aggressive way of combat Twisted Evil

I have completed the training as what we call "proffesional soldier", meaning we chose it (not drafted) and is fully educted and ready for combat, as a infantry, engineer and medic. I had the role of medic in a squad of 6 infantry/engineers. Was a great time, but sadly in the end me and "the system" had a fall out over some differencies and I ended up resigning in anger and now they don't want me back Very Happy that's life! So now I'm trying to pursue different ways to get my adrenaline kicks, for once I have a job interview at the firestation the 1st of december and hoping to start training to become a fire fighter after that (if they want me ofcourse)!

Yes, Wing Tsun was build for womans as you say, and I know that one woman I trained with (she was 15) was able to fend off a rapist who tried to attack her after only six months of training so Penny, this is really what you wanna do for self defence!
Back to top Go down
Penny
Centruroides

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/26/2010, 7:53 pm

I could get pepper spray, but the ability to defend myself is more of a pride and control thing for me.

Just for the record, I'm not small. Razz Or atleast I don't think I am lol. But I know what you mean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/26/2010, 8:15 pm

Well, you're from the states, why not just get a gun?
Back to top Go down
Penny
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/26/2010, 8:30 pm

Well I'm not going to carry a gun with me everywhere I go lol.
And like I said, I want to be physically capable of defending myself (guns are cheating). Being overpowered is intolerable.

I have a dagger though... irl rogue.
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/26/2010, 9:19 pm

Penny wrote:
I have a dagger though... irl rogue.

What server you play on? And yes, its that easy to tell.
Back to top Go down
Penny
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/26/2010, 9:50 pm

I used to play on Eitrigg. I actually don't play anymore though.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/26/2010, 11:48 pm

Now we are getting into all that geek stuff - check this out; [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU]Love My Avatar[/url]

As for experience Rene, I don't know, I'm a good shot but I bet you are a bit better with firearms Smile I can sit at a range for hours though - to me it's just like training Tai Chi, just the focus stuff Smile
I dig the new profile pic too!
Back to top Go down
Penny
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/27/2010, 1:13 am

I'll bet my aim is better than all of yours... in games. >.<
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/27/2010, 2:18 am

Sorry Penny, will be a little hard for you in an FPS Smile Headshots all night long!! Speaking of which do you play any FPS's on the pc??
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/27/2010, 5:54 am

Hmmm scorpionism why does that word keep popping up in some places? thats the same with being allegic to scorpions.. not going to happen.. and for the anti venom thing. If you ever to need scorpion anti venom it would be when you had some seriously airway problems. And you wouldnt be able to give it to yourself, Secoundly depending on the local systoms and how server they are, the docs would deside on the dosis of the anti venom and he cant really do that on the phone.. Leave the medical stuff for trained doctors.. This forum doesnt support any personal use of anti venom..
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/27/2010, 6:32 am

1st: see the quote below for an explanation of scorpionism, it is not an allergy to. This source also merely confirms what every other definition or description of the term scorpionism I have read.

2nd: you said something about administering it yourself in your first post now you are
flipping the script and arguing the other side???

3rd: docs deciding doses... no crap

4th: who said anything about a phone??? it would be at the hospital

5th: the forum does nothing but provide a place for a community, so the question is to the community, not the forum, and clearly not to you as you are having issues reading the posts you are responding too and not doing your home work on what you are saying.

Admin or not you are not coming off as very educated, nor are you reflecting the positivity, supportive and generally other great qualities this forum and community have demonstrated over the past few months. Bottom line... Bad Admin (and you can fit all the descriptive banned words into that you want)

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0104-79301995000200002 wrote:

INTRODUCTION

In recent years, public health reports of severe poisoning from scorpion stings have shown an alarming increase in various tropical and subtropical countries such as Brazil, Mexico, Tunisia and Morocco. In Brazil alone, more than six thousand scorpion stings with over one hundred deaths were reported during a brief three-year interval(29). Additional deaths by scorpions not previously suspected of being dangereous to humans have recently been documented from Peruvian and Brazilian Amazonia. Scorpions are chelicerate arthropods with paired poison glands at the distal extremity of the abdomen, which ends in a sharp sting (Figure 1). All scorpions possess venom glands, but less than 25 of the 1400 known species are considered dangerous and capable of inflicting human death. The evolution of venom in scorpions is associated with prey capture and digestion, and is only secondarily related to defensive behavior. Nevertheless, physical contact between humans and scorpions usually results in a sting. If the poison exerts a severe or lethal outcome, the incident is defined as "scorpionism". Why scorpionism is more common in some regions of the world than in others has not been clearly ascertained. In this paper, we suggest that scorpionism is related to the association of the offending species with man-made environments, and at least in one species, Tityus serrulatus Lutz & Mello, to its all-female mode of reproduction(13).
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/27/2010, 8:43 am

Hmmm lets see didnt you say something like this?

On a personal level I would make an off the record phone call to a doctor and get verbal instructions on how to administer anti venom properly, just the same giving myself my own flu shot every year, or setting my own bones when they get dislocated. (Sorry I came up surrounded in the medical field and have trained martial arts for too many years not to have a good understand of things of this nature. Between modern doctors and medicine in the family all of the teachers I have personal had were themselves or directly studied under teachers who not only were martial artists but the local herbalist and bone setters.

Iam the uneducated one that normaly would see a doc for some of the things you are talking about here, instead you just "fix it" yourself and might even hurt yourself more

But then iam a uneducated bad admin on this forum that doesnt know alot about scorpions.. and btw scorpionism is a pop cultur word. Its nothing medical and shouldnt be used at all.. funny enough that word hasnt come up in any books or journals i readt

And if you dont understand why i wrote " The forum doesnt support any personal use of Anti-venom" then you shouldnt really call me uneducated..

Now lets get this thread back on track..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/27/2010, 9:04 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Now we are getting into all that geek stuff - check this out; [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU]Love My Avatar[/url]

As for experience Rene, I don't know, I'm a good shot but I bet you are a bit better with firearms Smile I can sit at a range for hours though - to me it's just like training Tai Chi, just the focus stuff Smile
I dig the new profile pic too!

I don't think I'm any better with firearms then you are, after all you are american Wink lol! Only used firearms in the military and that can be narrowed down to m4a1 carbine, m16, 50. cal machinegun, mg42 (modified since ww2, but we actually still uses the same machineguns as the germans during ww2 Rolling Eyes ). But for the most part I only used the carbine, the rest were just for kicks and getting the feel of them in case we one day would have to use them! And yes, all danish people, I know the names of the guns are different in denmark, but this are the names they use in the US for the same guns. Also shot some 9mm, 22. and 38. on a civil gun range a couple of times, but that's also it!

And guys, come on, I think you should work this out between yourself in PM...
Back to top Go down
Penny
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/27/2010, 10:20 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Sorry Penny, will be a little hard for you in an FPS Smile Headshots all night long!! Speaking of which do you play any FPS's on the pc??

Not currently.

And pft. I don't even have to aim. My bullets just magically go to the head.
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/27/2010, 10:24 am

Laughup
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/28/2010, 2:41 pm

Looking back I did say that but clearly out of frustration as I know the condition in which antivenom would be administered one would be unable to administer it themselves.

But as the others have said forget about it.

Onto what matters... Penny, "Pft"???
Really though, and I say this with the utmost respect and in the most sexual unbiased means; any chick that plays FPS's has my respect, in fact any chick playing with things that land you on this forum has my respect. And really, let me know when you hop on a computer and start playing one and we'll play. I'll have even more respect if we are on a server and you start fraggin' cats!! Very Happy

I'm liking Medal of Honor so far - another 5 am night with no posts on this forum. Grr, I want to play again and have to make lunch!!
Back to top Go down
Penny
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/28/2010, 2:57 pm

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Looking back I did say that but clearly out of frustration as I know the condition in which antivenom would be administered one would be unable to administer it themselves.

Really though, and I say this with the utmost respect and in the most sexual unbiased means; any chick that plays FPS's has my respect, in fact any chick playing with things that land you on this forum has my respect. And really, let me know when you hop on a computer and start playing one and we'll play. I'll have even more respect if we are on a server and you start fraggin' cats!! Very Happy

I'm liking Medal of Honor so far - another 5 am night with no posts on this forum. Grr, I want to play again and have to make lunch!!

I've been playing FPS games since elementary school, but mostly just on Xbox.

I haven't played Medal of Honour but I've done this workout three times lol. Kind of cool that they named it after the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/28/2010, 3:07 pm

Penny wrote:
iitomodachi1 wrote:

I've been playing FPS games since elementary school, but mostly just on Xbox.

I haven't played Medal of Honour but I've done this workout three times lol. Kind of cool that they named it after the game.

Ew, those woman are nasty! Those abs are waaaay to manly!
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty11/28/2010, 4:20 pm

Lol, I'm in love!! Training none stop for years on end, I definitely gained an appreciation for women involved in fitness, just so long as the pectoralis major doesn't start taking away from the fatty tissue normally found there I'm good, maybe easy on the arm size too, rest is great!

Now before we get yelled at we should probably get back to the most lethal scorpions of them all topic.

Has anyone found anything else out on the post I put up a ways back on here about the wikipedia entry listing one of Hottentotta species as the hottest?? I contradicts everything else I have read but was curious if anyone was aware of any other sources that state this.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most lethal scorpions of them all?   Most lethal scorpions of them all? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Most lethal scorpions of them all?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3