The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta

Go down 
+20
DolbyR
Streettrash
tlb_05
Chrome
sowhon
Cyanide
julian
Peloquin
pluto
Will3
levi
Mr. Mordax
*~BEX~*
Jay
iitomodachi1
Manser
H. laoticus
Kristopher
TELOW
**GS**
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

[ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty
PostSubject: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/14/2010, 10:59 am

For [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Caresheet Please access the following URL located at [ASA] All-Scorpion-Archives Scorpion Forum:
www.allscorpionarchives.com/t20-asa-hottentotta-hottentotta

Support ASA Articles!
"Like" us at www.facebook.com/ScorpionArchives to receive all our latest pictures, videos and project updates with regards to Scorpion Breeding.

[ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Like_AllScorpionArchives_on_Facebook_icon

Regards,
GS

Last edited by **GS** on 4/20/2013, 3:54 am; edited 37 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/14/2010, 11:05 am

Some very nice pictures! Very interesting molting pics!
Back to top Go down
TELOW
Centruroides
TELOW

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/14/2010, 11:39 am

nice i miss the H.H. group i had im gonna get more haha
great molting pics and setup
Back to top Go down
Kristopher
Centruroides
Kristopher

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/14/2010, 3:18 pm

Nice picture taking!! You make me want to get one of these little guys.
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/14/2010, 4:05 pm

Nice pics!
That side shot of the roach vs the scorpion was a sweet feeding pic Smile
And it's always a treat to see a quality blacklight pic! It's what makes scorpions even more awesome.
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/14/2010, 6:39 pm

cheers for sharing with us GS, awsome pics
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/14/2010, 10:06 pm

René wrote:
Some very nice pictures! Very interesting molting pics!

Thanks mate, every molt seems as if we've gotten a fresh new scorp in our collection! Thou its the same old one.. ha
I love how clean n soft they look in their molting phase.

TELOW wrote:
nice i miss the H.H. group i had im gonna get more haha
great molting pics and setup

hahaz.. Nice. When you had them, are they being keep communally as adults?
I'm eager to learn about communal setups for HHs Very Happy

Kristopher wrote:
Nice picture taking!! You make me want to get one of these little guys.

Thanks Kristopher Very Happy I think you'll know why i liked them.. haha
Btw if you getting some in the near future.. i bet they will love your desert terrariums alot!

H. laoticus wrote:
Nice pics!
That side shot of the roach vs the scorpion was a sweet feeding pic Smile
And it's always a treat to see a quality blacklight pic! It's what makes scorpions even more awesome.

Thanks mate, that feeding and blacklight pictures are definitely my favorites Smile
They fact that scorps glows-in-the-dark does seem to lessen the fear in those who has bad misconception about them..
Whenever my colleagues walk to my desk and sees pictures of scorps on my desktop.. they go like "eEeeEEkKs! why did you like these creepy animals?!?!"

but once they see the blacklight pics.. they'll go like " WOW... how did they do that ???" Laughing

Manser wrote:
cheers for sharing with us GS, awsome pics

Thanks mate! Glad you liked them Very Happy

Last edited by GS on 11/15/2010, 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TELOW
Centruroides
TELOW

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/14/2010, 11:41 pm

i did i had a 10 gal with 15or them in it haha but alot of hides
there not bad to keep together if you feed them good just have to watch for babies
the others will go for them so its good to take out the ones with babies asap
until they leave the moms back
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/15/2010, 12:51 am

TELOW wrote:
i did i had a 10 gal with 15or them in it haha but alot of hides
there not bad to keep together if you feed them good just have to watch for babies
the others will go for them so its good to take out the ones with babies asap
until they leave the moms back

Wow.. Nice work there. Its really fantastic to see scorps in a communal setup and would definitely love to try out for my H. Hottentottas one day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/15/2010, 1:35 am

Awesome pics!! I love em' I'm still waiting until I'm lucky enough to catch one of mine mid molt!! I love those set ups too - same as your PT's Smile
Hottentotta Hottentotta look a lot like the H. Trilineatus just a bit darker, but I love the chelea right after the molt, they look like they glow in the dark (like glow in the dark toys and stuff not literally as we know they do lolz!).
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/15/2010, 8:19 am

Sweet pics GS. Really like the ones you're levels with the scorp, give a nice perspective. How do you get so low without looking through the side of a tank?
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/16/2010, 3:55 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Awesome pics!! I love em' I'm still waiting until I'm lucky enough to catch one of mine mid molt!! I love those set ups too - same as your PT's Smile
Hottentotta Hottentotta look a lot like the H. Trilineatus just a bit darker, but I love the chelea right after the molt, they look like they glow in the dark (like glow in the dark toys and stuff not literally as we know they do lolz!).

I like their fresh white chela too when they just had a molt.. perhaps it's to compensate their inability to glow under blacklight before their exo hardens.. lol

and Yes, H. Trilineatus and H. Hottentotta are indeed similar.. except that Trilineatus is more evil looking. I like it!

JamieLawrence wrote:
Sweet pics GS. Really like the ones you're levels with the scorp, give a nice perspective. How do you get so low without looking through the side of a tank?

Thanks mate.
Oh i use my camera phone.. the "camera hole" is right at the end of the phone.. and it's slim enough to go on the inside of the tank Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/16/2010, 2:00 pm

Haha nice trick and nice camera on that phone. Wish I could get the dslr to slip inside a tank Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/16/2010, 2:37 pm

Yup, my DSLR is not fitting in my tank!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/17/2010, 11:40 am

hahaz.. unless the tank is big enuff.. or have a setup up purely for photoshoot like hauser.. his photos makes me fall more in love with scorpions.. Twisted Evil

Btw.. i just found another video of my H. Hottentotta wrestling with a mealworm..
Not fantastic but feel free to check it out if you haven't.. can kill some time.. lolz

Video >> H. Hottentotta Vs Mealworm

Cheers,
GS
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/17/2010, 11:47 am

Woah, the speed on that! Yes Hauser's set-up is amazing, keep up the good work mate.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty11/18/2010, 10:00 am

JamieLawrence wrote:
Woah, the speed on that! Yes Hauser's set-up is amazing, keep up the good work mate.

Thanks Jamie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty12/7/2010, 10:48 pm

My Hottentotta Hottentotta's first brood:

This Hottentotta mum measures about 2 Inch (body length excluding tail) and had a fairly small brood of about 15-20 but man.. her scorplings are HUGE!!

btw she is also a glutton..

One day prior to birthing her precious babies.. she eating.
One day AFTER given birth.. she eating.
2nd day after given birth... Dammit.. she still FREAKING EATING!!!

Enjoy Smile

[ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta HH_Babies1

[ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta HH_Babies1a

[ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta HH_Babies2

[ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta HH_Babies3

[ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta HH_Babies4

[ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta HH_Babies5

[ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta HH_Babies6
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty12/7/2010, 11:58 pm

Better keep feeding her so she doesn't get tempted by the snacks on her back!! Pumping out that many babies has got to drain her, so it is probably good!! Beautiful pics and congrats!! My H. Trilineatus average broods that size, I've had 3 so far and 30 was the biggest.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty12/8/2010, 4:13 am

Wow awesome pics GS! congratulations they are gorgeous! keep on feeding dont want her munching the wee ones lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty12/8/2010, 4:45 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Better keep feeding her so she doesn't get tempted by the snacks on her back!! Pumping out that many babies has got to drain her, so it is probably good!!

Most scorps have a suppressed appetite while carrying to prevent that . . . and in some, the stress of dealing with prey might induce cannibalism. The general consensus is that one should leave mom alone until 2I start to wander around.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty12/8/2010, 9:37 am

Mr. Mordax wrote:
iitomodachi1 wrote:
Better keep feeding her so she doesn't get tempted by the snacks on her back!! Pumping out that many babies has got to drain her, so it is probably good!!

Most scorps have a suppressed appetite while carrying to prevent that . . . and in some, the stress of dealing with prey might induce cannibalism. The general consensus is that one should leave mom alone until 2I start to wander around.

How about if you head crush the prey item?? That was what I did with all, hopefully I'm not stressing them out :/
I would always make sure the cricket was nothing but twitching for both moms and the babies. I didn't want her to stress out or exert too much energy chasing prey and I didn't want the prey to eat any babies either. When moms closed herself off in the burrow I left her alone though

I'm not trying to debate or question I genuinely want to know as I know I probably already have more gravid females in my Hottentotta tank.
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty12/8/2010, 11:32 am

Do this sp really doesnt need a mate to get preggy?im having one this coming sat..im excited
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty12/8/2010, 12:46 pm

levi wrote:
Do this sp really doesnt need a mate to get preggy?im having one this coming sat..im excited

Just as my other post, I can not say for certain but I think you are correct. But the question is; is it only the females that can do this and can they still reproduce normally? I don't know much about this. Wish my HT's were like that but then again maybe they are and that explains the broods they have been turning out :/
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty12/8/2010, 12:55 pm

Im kinda wondering if this is really is true..well its like hh is the virgin mary of the scorpion world doing an immaculate conception thing..hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta   [ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta Empty

Back to top Go down

[ASA] Hottentotta hottentotta
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next