The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

P. Utahensis question.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JMason19
Hadogenes
JMason19

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-06-03

P. Utahensis question. Empty
PostSubject: P. Utahensis question.   P. Utahensis question. Empty11/1/2010, 8:33 pm

So hopefully this weekend I will be placing one more order before the weather changes for the worst. Ive decided on getting two more scorpions, a trapdoor spider, and another tarantula. I have all of the info on caring for the ones Im getting except for the Paruroctonus Utahensis. I cant seem to find much info on them. I was wondering if anyone could help answer my questions. How big do they get? What size habitat would suit them? What should I use for substrate? What should the average temperature and humidity be?
Back to top Go down
Scott Land
Tityus
Scott Land

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: P. Utahensis question.   P. Utahensis question. Empty11/1/2010, 11:25 pm

I've never kept this species but in General I can help.They are native and live in deserts so keep dry on deep substrate for burrowing and temps at room temp upto mid 80s. Feed once a week and keep a cap of water.Hopefully someone who has kept the species will add or correct my information.
Back to top Go down
Annn123
Pandinus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: P. Utahensis question.   P. Utahensis question. Empty11/2/2010, 2:00 am

They are native ugg boots knit and live in deserts so keep dry on deep substrate for burrowing and temps at room temp upto mid 80s. Feed once a week and ugg boots sale keep a cap of water.Hopefully someone who has kept the species will add or correct my information.
Back to top Go down
TELOW
Centruroides
TELOW

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: P. Utahensis question.   P. Utahensis question. Empty11/2/2010, 2:21 pm

dam spammers man wth?

anyway Paruroctonus Utahensis
i have only had 1 ever

i kept it on compacted sand (wet it press it down and let it dry out)
with a under tank heater on one side with some small rocks a few pieces of bark
and a bottle cap for water

it was around 76 most of the time and i would mist 1 spot in the enclosure once every 2 weeks and it did great for about 5 months and i gave it to someone else (i got it as a freebie) but thats all i did and it was good the whole time i had it
Back to top Go down
JMason19
Hadogenes
JMason19

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: P. Utahensis question.   P. Utahensis question. Empty11/2/2010, 7:37 pm

Well that sounds easy enough. Thanks. What was its behavior like? Agressive, skittish, active?
Back to top Go down
TELOW
Centruroides
TELOW

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: P. Utahensis question.   P. Utahensis question. Empty11/3/2010, 9:02 am

it was a bit skittish and a bit of a hider for sure
i didnt realy mess with it much just fed it and cleaned up after it
SO i didnt see it too much until night but it was a cool little scorp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: P. Utahensis question.   P. Utahensis question. Empty

Back to top Go down

P. Utahensis question.
Page 1 of 1