The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!


 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 
 

 Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   10/30/2010, 1:12 pm

Today I got a couple of Grosphus Ankarana.





Sadly one is missing part of the claw (which I noticed when I got home from the seller). Anyone know if this will effect it?


Last edited by René on 11/30/2010, 8:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scott Land
Tityus
avatar

Number of posts : 578
Age : 46
Location : Stafford Va
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   10/30/2010, 2:19 pm

I really like the look of these! Congratz!

The claw appears to have mycosis(fungal infection from being kept to moist) unfortunately there is not much you can do except maybe remove the whole claw.It will do fine with one claw I had an A.mauritanicus with one claw and she was fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   10/30/2010, 2:39 pm

But will it spread and eventually kill the scorp or....? I don't think I got the nerve to amputate affraid
Back to top Go down
Scott Land
Tityus
avatar

Number of posts : 578
Age : 46
Location : Stafford Va
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   10/30/2010, 2:48 pm

René wrote:
But will it spread and eventually kill the scorp or....? I don't think I got the nerve to amputate affraid
It might spread but as long as you do not keep it in wet conditions it should be okay.I could be wrong about the mycosis but that is what it appears to be in the pic,hopefully I am wrong.
She appears to have mycosis in the joint of the other arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   10/30/2010, 2:55 pm

Scott Land wrote:
She appears to have mycosis in the joint of the other arm.
Ah, what the fuck! The other arm too? Well if this appears to be true then I'm gonna contact the dealer!
Back to top Go down
Scott Land
Tityus
avatar

Number of posts : 578
Age : 46
Location : Stafford Va
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   10/30/2010, 3:57 pm

René wrote:
Scott Land wrote:
She appears to have mycosis in the joint of the other arm.
Ah, what the fuck! The other arm too? Well if this appears to be true then I'm gonna contact the dealer!
Good idea! especially sense it is the female,I would also get 2 .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manser
Babycurus
avatar

Number of posts : 484
Age : 29
Location : Essex UK
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   10/30/2010, 4:29 pm

nice scorps René, shame about the claw on that one, but it still looks cool. hope it aint nothing major!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
_scorpio_
Androctonus
avatar

Number of posts : 1824
Age : 23
Location : St leonards... ENGLAND
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   10/30/2010, 6:16 pm

ooh that doesn't look too good. i would definitely contact the dealer and arrange it so that he sends you another one an you keep the infected one just in case it doesn't get any worse...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   10/31/2010, 1:08 pm

_scorpio_ wrote:
ooh that doesn't look too good. i would definitely contact the dealer and arrange it so that he sends you another one an you keep the infected one just in case it doesn't get any worse...

Sadly it was the last two he had... Well I'm gonna give it time and see how it goes! I'm definately not gonna amputate anything Puke

Hope it works out anyway since I really think it's a cool scorpion also since it's kinda rare in the hobby!
Back to top Go down
Scott Land
Tityus
avatar

Number of posts : 578
Age : 46
Location : Stafford Va
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   10/31/2010, 4:00 pm

René wrote:
_scorpio_ wrote:
ooh that doesn't look too good. i would definitely contact the dealer and arrange it so that he sends you another one an you keep the infected one just in case it doesn't get any worse...

Sadly it was the last two he had... Well I'm gonna give it time and see how it goes! I'm definately not gonna amputate anything Puke

Hope it works out anyway since I really think it's a cool scorpion also since it's kinda rare in the hobby!
Keep them dry and they should be okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sativa
Hadogenes
avatar

Number of posts : 92
Age : 47
Location : Denmark
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   10/31/2010, 5:50 pm

Scott Land wrote:
René wrote:
_scorpio_ wrote:
ooh that doesn't look too good. i would definitely contact the dealer and arrange it so that he sends you another one an you keep the infected one just in case it doesn't get any worse...

Sadly it was the last two he had... Well I'm gonna give it time and see how it goes! I'm definately not gonna amputate anything Puke

Hope it works out anyway since I really think it's a cool scorpion also since it's kinda rare in the hobby!
Keep them dry and they should be okay.

I dont think G. ankarana should be kept dry ??
I quote (source DESCRIPTION OF A NEW SPECIES OF
GROSPHUS SIMON (SCORPIONES, BUTHIDAE)
FROM THE ANKARANA MASSIF, MADAGASCAR)
"The narrow and often deep canyons within the
massif regularly have tall canopy semi-evergreen forests
resting on slightly acidic soils of basaltic rock. These
canyons provide a buffer against the relatively extreme
dry conditions of this general region of Madagascar, in
particularly shelter against the sun and often-strong
winds. Further, an extensive
subterranean aquifer passing under the Ankarana
resurges in these canyons or is close to the surface level
and helps to maintain mesic conditions even during the
heart of the dry season"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Land
Tityus
avatar

Number of posts : 578
Age : 46
Location : Stafford Va
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   10/31/2010, 6:48 pm

I should have said relatively dry.Moist conditions will spread the mycosis quickly. He should keep the substrate dry with a small water dish,that should be fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   10/31/2010, 7:58 pm

Okay thanks! She doesn't seem to affected by it anyway... She comes out from hiding after dark and strolls around! Also seemed fighsty enough when I picked her up to put her in the enclosure... So I'm hopefull! Will post any updates on the situation! Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
Anthony.T
Hadogenes
avatar

Number of posts : 55
Age : 35
Location : France
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   11/14/2010, 7:59 am

Nice addition,

I have a male for 2 weeks but not female Crying or Very sad lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://incaudavenenum.e-monsite.com/accueil.html
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   11/14/2010, 8:12 am

Not too many of them in the hobby though! I'm getting another one (hope it's a female) soon Cool
Back to top Go down
Anthony.T
Hadogenes
avatar

Number of posts : 55
Age : 35
Location : France
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   11/14/2010, 8:48 am

I hope for you ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://incaudavenenum.e-monsite.com/accueil.html
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   11/14/2010, 4:35 pm

This evening I recieved the new Grosphus Ankarana I bought! Luckily it's a female Danceparty

Here's a couple of pics!





It's about 3 Inches (7cm.) so it's the same size as the other female, and the male is slightly smaller (about 2 Inches, 4,5 cm.) but most importantly, it's healthy!
Back to top Go down
Kristopher
Centruroides
avatar

Number of posts : 186
Age : 41
Location : Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   11/14/2010, 5:31 pm

Cograts on the clean specimens!!! Those are some nicely colored scorps. Madagascar, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manser
Babycurus
avatar

Number of posts : 484
Age : 29
Location : Essex UK
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   11/14/2010, 5:47 pm

nice one rene.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   11/14/2010, 6:03 pm

Kristopher wrote:
Cograts on the clean specimens!!! Those are some nicely colored scorps. Madagascar, right?

Yes, that is correct! They are from madagascar! They are supposely growing to about 5˝ inches, or so I heard... Not much info is available on them! I think this one is premolt as it's pretty fat!

Manser wrote:
nice one rene.

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
avatar

Number of posts : 1401
Age : 28
Location : Southern California
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   11/14/2010, 6:21 pm

Sweet scorpion, Rene. Great colors on that specimen and hopefully you can get a breeding project going Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristopher
Centruroides
avatar

Number of posts : 186
Age : 41
Location : Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   11/14/2010, 6:23 pm

René wrote:
Kristopher wrote:
Cograts on the clean specimens!!! Those are some nicely colored scorps. Madagascar, right?

Yes, that is correct! They are from madagascar! They are supposely growing to about 5˝ inches, or so I heard... Not much info is available on them! I think this one is premolt as it's pretty fat!

Manser wrote:
nice one rene.

Thanks Very Happy


5˝ inches, really? That's a pretty respectable size. It will be interesting to see it that comes to fruition. But hey... 6 inch or 3 inch, either way it's a really nice looking scorpion, not to mention healthy.

Yeah, I looked but couldn't find much info aside from them being from Madagascar. Congrats again. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   11/14/2010, 6:40 pm

Well, 3 inches is a good size too, i think! And if these are adults, there's a good chance the newest is gravid, judging by it's size Drool
Back to top Go down
Kristopher
Centruroides
avatar

Number of posts : 186
Age : 41
Location : Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   11/14/2010, 6:48 pm

Oh, I certainly didn't mean to imply that 3 inches was anything less than respectable, quite the contrary. 5˝ inches however, would be pretty damn impressive. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manser
Babycurus
avatar

Number of posts : 484
Age : 29
Location : Essex UK
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   11/14/2010, 6:49 pm

that would be cool, are they comunal rene or you got them seperate?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)   

Back to top Go down
 
Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Grosphus Ankarana 1.2 ( VIDEO update 30 november 2010)
» Grosphus ankarana
» Grosphus Limbatus 0.3 VIDEO update 6th December 2010
» Hadrurus Arizonensis 1.0 VIDEO update 15th December 2010
» Babycurus Jacksoni 1.4 VIDEO update 9yh december 2010

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpion Pictures / Videos-
Jump to: