The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

Hottentotta hottentotta reproduction and mesobuthus martensii reproduction questions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blooms
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-10-03

PostSubject: Hottentotta hottentotta reproduction and mesobuthus martensii reproduction questions.   10/3/2010, 11:57 am

I know that Hottentotta hottentotta reproduce through parthenogenesis. I have had two of them living communally over a year now and no babies. How long do they take to get mature (each one is about 3-4 cm long including the tail)? If they reproduce through parthenogenesis does that mean there are no males/females? Their enclosure has about 2-3 inches of damp/not wet coco fiber and stacked bark, which they have made a scrape under. They usually share the same scrape. The temperature of the room is a constant 25 degrees celsius and the humidity in the room is usually around 70-80%. They get fed baby dubias and small crickets every few weeks. Is there anything that I can do to encourage reproduction?

Also I have around 10 mesobuthus martensii in similar conditions (they range in sizes with the smallest being about 3-4 cm including the tail and the largest being about 7-8 cm including the tail) and they also have yet to reproduce, anything I can do to encourage them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hottentotta hottentotta reproduction and mesobuthus martensii reproduction questions.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1