The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

What do u want to see in a scorpion website?

Go down 
+3
Dracennights
iitomodachi1
RyoKenzaki
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RyoKenzaki
Centruroides
RyoKenzaki

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-30

What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty
PostSubject: What do u want to see in a scorpion website?   What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty9/27/2010, 9:35 am

As title suggested, im planning to make a website to sell my scorp (Malaysia only) and to blog and promote the hobby at the same time
Was thinking of what can i put to make my website more interesting, so pour me some suggestion Very Happy

Truly appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What do u want to see in a scorpion website?   What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty9/27/2010, 11:37 am

App type features are good, of course as a developer I tend to gravitate more towards this than website design, sorry Sad
I was going to build my own web app at some point and include my own temperature and length conversion utilities. Sure you can find these on the web and I do, but to have it within the same site would just be convenient.
Being in Malaysia only this may not be as helpful, or even not being American. We are just stuck dealing with some idiots trying to be different ie. the Mile, the Inch, F. over C. etc!

Otherwise, I always like resources. Have a page where you and users can add websites or even books and other resources. It is good to come across recommended, proven resources to use. Especially on the net as there are a lot of bogus sites and even legit sites with god knows what dumb 4$$ posting completely invalid info.

See if you can also compile or use previously compiled care sheets about the species available or discussed.

Good luck and please post a link up on here when you get your site up and running, I'd be interested in checking it out.
Back to top Go down
Dracennights
Centruroides
Dracennights

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What do u want to see in a scorpion website?   What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty9/27/2010, 9:04 pm

photos on care sheets.... so a person looking for a new scorpion can see the scorp they are reading about....
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: What do u want to see in a scorpion website?   What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty9/28/2010, 12:10 am

vivarium/'terrarium setups...
Back to top Go down
Kerrby
Centruroides
Kerrby

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What do u want to see in a scorpion website?   What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty9/28/2010, 12:23 am

Problem shooting -

Ie) What to do if my scorp get's mites, etc.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What do u want to see in a scorpion website?   What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty9/28/2010, 12:38 am

Life cycle of different Species.. scratch

FAQs for newbies (like myself) to scorpion care.. cheers

"Step by Step" guide to scorpion breeding tips with pictures Very Happy
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What do u want to see in a scorpion website?   What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty9/28/2010, 12:56 am

I'd just like to see a lot of quality photos Smile

Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: What do u want to see in a scorpion website?   What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty9/28/2010, 1:23 am

H. laoticus wrote:

Yup! agree. More pictures brightens up all the factual study information on a website

Cool video links can be added as well Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
RyoKenzaki
Centruroides
RyoKenzaki

PostSubject: Re: What do u want to see in a scorpion website?   What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty9/28/2010, 1:32 am

iitomodachi1, i wont include any converter or application haha. IMO those can be easily found on google and kinda unrelated to scorpion in any way. Care sheet is cool, definitely will be included but i can only write care sheet for those sp that i owned and successfully raised

Alex, vivarium setup pic have the highest demand on my fb status survey so yea, definitely Wink

Kerrby, good suggestion! Would have that include as well

Im thinking to add a page dedicated to scorpion breeding report, what do u guys think? Wink
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What do u want to see in a scorpion website?   What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty9/28/2010, 1:33 am

GS wrote:
H. laoticus wrote:

Yup! agree. More pictures brightens up all the factual study information on a website

Cool video links can be added as well Twisted Evil

Yes! I forgot about videos!

For example, pictures of setups coupled by videos of them would be sweet.
Breeding reports are awesome too.
Back to top Go down
RyoKenzaki
Centruroides
RyoKenzaki

PostSubject: Re: What do u want to see in a scorpion website?   What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty9/28/2010, 2:12 am

Video... Need to wait till i got myself a Canon eos 7D first...
Im a wedding videographer myself, i always wanted to take quality video of my scorpions but i have to save up for the camera
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: What do u want to see in a scorpion website?   What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty9/28/2010, 11:30 am

Photography/Videography is yet another hobby that can get real expensive.. ha ha
It all boils down to us wanting good shots and videos of our beloved scorpions Drool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do u want to see in a scorpion website?   What do u want to see in a scorpion website? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do u want to see in a scorpion website?
Page 1 of 1