The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Our P.imp excavating substrate from burrow.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Our P.imp excavating substrate from burrow. Empty
PostSubject: Our P.imp excavating substrate from burrow.   Our P.imp excavating substrate from burrow. Empty9/15/2010, 8:02 am

Hi i filmed our new scorp burrowing the other night , she was excavating loads of substrate and pulling it out of the hide...and i found it so interesting i thought i would post it on here...i know most of you have been keeping scorps for years and this behavour is common to you but as a noob i find it really interesting so thought id share specially for those newbies like us lol also a vid of her eating her first locust while in our care.... so there you go enjoy!

Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Our P.imp excavating substrate from burrow.   Our P.imp excavating substrate from burrow. Empty9/15/2010, 8:44 pm

I never get tired of seeing my scorpions digging their burrows. I've also noticed that they will used their tails to help push themselves out of the burrow. Burrowing and feeding are two of the things I view as signs of your scorpion settling in and being healthy. What a mess she's made lol
Thanks for the quality vids and off topic, but that is one sweet signature!
Back to top Go down
Kerrby
Centruroides
Kerrby

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Our P.imp excavating substrate from burrow.   Our P.imp excavating substrate from burrow. Empty9/16/2010, 12:27 am

I wish mine would burrow. She eats like a horse, and climbs like no other, but she's so content in her hide she never burrows. Not even a shallow groove.

She has a tight hide dug into a "hill" which she stays in on cold days (it's right near the heat lamp) and just a 1/4 log hide (wide open, not buried or even tight to the ground). I put it in as a last minute (will use to build a structure on to put a hide in) until she started living in this one 95% of the time.

She just sits in the middle. It's not dark, tight, protected, or warm, and has 2 huge openings. Just sits there loving it.

Oh well. She's happy and I can see her full body anytime I want. Good times I guess.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Our P.imp excavating substrate from burrow.   Our P.imp excavating substrate from burrow. Empty9/16/2010, 3:01 am

Thanx for watching!
she made even more mess now lol

H. laoticus wrote:
and off topic, but that is one sweet signature!

Thank you my fiancee made it for me lol...was gonna write "Get Over Here!" on it but thought that a bit much lol... had to get MetallicA ninja stars on it lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our P.imp excavating substrate from burrow.   Our P.imp excavating substrate from burrow. Empty

Back to top Go down

Our P.imp excavating substrate from burrow.
Page 1 of 1