The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Mixing sizes?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Mixing sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Mixing sizes?   Mixing sizes? Empty9/4/2010, 3:26 pm

im getting a bit rusty at this scorpion stuff. i just wanted to check, small and big scorps together? yes, no, maybe.?
i cant remember whether this was a definite no or a "sometimes works if your tank is big enough" thing.

i hope i can because i want to make a sticky about mixing species and sizes and want to have some experience before i do.
im going to mix P. imp, H. spinifer, and something else, H. madraspatensis or something.

i might (depending on the sizes of emps and spinifers on his site) have one of each of martin goss's scorp species and see how that goes, it might turn out OK or it could all go horribly wrong.
Back to top Go down
mezzle992
Centruroides
mezzle992

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Mixing sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing sizes?   Mixing sizes? Empty9/4/2010, 4:25 pm

from what ive heard heard you can mix emps and spinifers but its hit and miss as you said it could work but it could go wrong. If you are going to do it keep a very close eye on them. I tried it once but the scraps over food where more agressive than scorps of the same species doing it so i separated them. i wouldent do it again because when they moult they may attack each other. Its really up to you and if your willing to risk it but if you want my opinion i wouldent do it.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Mixing sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing sizes?   Mixing sizes? Empty9/4/2010, 5:51 pm

By all means give it a shot with different species keeping a very close eye on them, but as for size, I'd stick to those of identical or almost identical size - especially as you are already mixing species, I don't think it would be a good idea to mix sizes as well because the large emps might find the look of a small spinifer very appetising. Smile
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Mixing sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing sizes?   Mixing sizes? Empty9/5/2010, 2:29 pm

OK. if i can get 6 of one species for a really good price i might not mix species.
Back to top Go down
mezzle992
Centruroides
mezzle992

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Mixing sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing sizes?   Mixing sizes? Empty9/6/2010, 5:13 am

bugs uk has got baby spinifers for 5 pounds each its based in nowich they might be worth a call. Thats where im getting my spinny's from but i dont know if they will deliver them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mixing sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing sizes?   Mixing sizes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mixing sizes?
Page 1 of 1