The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

just got an emperor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ironskull
Pandinus

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-08-17

just got an emperor  Empty
PostSubject: just got an emperor    just got an emperor  Empty8/17/2010, 1:57 am

Got my first emperor today, i sexed it already he is just that, i was curious of any tips about taking good care, and if i can use clay substrate ontop of peat or coco fiber
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: just got an emperor    just got an emperor  Empty8/17/2010, 8:06 am

Welcome to the forum Smile

Just stick to 100% coco fiber.

As for tips you'll learn quickly as you go along so I'll just give you a couple to begin with:

1) To raise humidity, pour (don't spray as it is ineffective and has to be done daily) some water onto the coir so that it is damp but not soaking or bog-like. You want most of it to go a darker shade when you pour the water.
That should give you about 80%-90% and last for a week or two before you repeat the process.

The other benefit of pouring water onto the substrate as opposed to spraying is that it enables strong, solid burrows.

2) Everyone ends up asking this at some point Smile Don't worry if he doesn't eat - they can go a year without food.
They will also often fast for long periods of time - this could be due to the fact that they have previously gorged themselves, they are preparing for a moult or birth or for no apparent reason {they do this sometimes}.

Any questions you may have, feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Ironskull
Pandinus

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: just got an emperor    just got an emperor  Empty8/17/2010, 6:02 pm

thank you for the start up tips, i plan on getting a female right away, i know i have the space for her and him to live separate should they chose, at best guess its easily a 40 gallon tank,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just got an emperor    just got an emperor  Empty

Back to top Go down

just got an emperor
Page 1 of 1