The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

Unresponsive Scorpion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Akhotnik
Pandinus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Unresponsive Scorpion   8/15/2010, 10:55 pm

I was out night driving for some snakes last night and I stopped for a few scorpions too. I ran into a Giant Hairy scorpion. He is about 3-4in long. Seemed to be in good health. I took him home with me. Put him a temporary plastic container with some bedding and moist sponge for the night. Today I finally got him a permanent home. When I went to take him out of the plastic container he seemed unusually calm. Actually he almost did not move at all. He is in a terrarium, with sand for bedding, plenty of water and heating pad. He is unresponsive to touch, but when I check on him he does seem to shift his position some.

So is he just stressed out? That is my best guess. Unless the poor thing is sick or something like that. He was very active the first night I had him as well. Any suggestions guys and gals?

tl;dr :: Caught a wild scorpion last night. He was active, looked healthy, but today is unresponsive.

EDIT: Well, he is digging himself a tunnel now, lol. Guess he was a little stressed. Disregard my concern!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anemiaffx
Tityus

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Unresponsive Scorpion   8/16/2010, 10:54 pm

All i could say is that he is probably cold....Like reptiles, they chill out at low temperatures. As well as you kept him in bedding...He probably was a tad stressed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Unresponsive Scorpion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1