The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

Vivariums Ready for Your Scrutiny

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Vivariums Ready for Your Scrutiny   8/8/2010, 2:50 pm

Hello All, I have recently done an over haul on my tropical vivarium and have also built up a desert vivarium as I decided to try two species at once. I have just ordered my lil' guys this morning and wanted a little insight in case some last minute changes are needed. I have ordered 2 Heterometrus Spinifers and 3 Hoffmanius Spinigerus. Please look at the pix below and lend any insight or suggestion that may come to mind.
Thanks in advance. I just want to make sure these guys and gals are feeling like a bunch of pimps and pimpettes in their new homes. Oh yeah, one last thing, the tropical vivarium is a 20 gal. high and the desert vivarium is a 10 gal.

This is the full set up and includes a bit of my lil vert as well!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LXDNG79
Tityus

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Vivariums Ready for Your Scrutiny   8/8/2010, 9:37 pm

well done vivs... nicely done.... I;m jealous of the nice tanks some of you guys get overseas... I spend a lot of time in the woodshed making custom lids on aquariums designed to hold fish.

Interiors are done well... Bravo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Vivariums Ready for Your Scrutiny   8/8/2010, 10:56 pm

Thank you very much. To be honest my tanks are just regular fish aquariums. The smaller is a 10 gal tank and the bigger is a 20 gal High tank. Closest to the 20 gal H that Critter Keeper makes is a 29 otherwise they just have the 20 long. I wanted a high one because of the amount of substrate burrowing scorps need. Critter Keepers are what I really wanted because you can lock the lids and they slide in place rather than rest on top but the price is about double. I will take picture hangers to fashion clips from to hold the lids on.

I used to be a carpenter (rough and finish) and build houses and when I get a house and set up my wood shop again I'll probably start making a lot of my own lids and custom enclosures, it would be fun. I think setting up the vivariums and building stuff or scavenging stuff for them is half the fun. I spent the past two days with my 4 year old son hunting for isopods. If there were scorps in my area I'd go hunt my own Very Happy Oh well, next time I drive out West it will happen!

Any suggestions on these bad boys anything that could be done different or better for species going in their new homes in the next couple of days?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
binksyboy3
Androctonus

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Vivariums Ready for Your Scrutiny   8/13/2010, 3:30 pm

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Any suggestions on these bad boys anything that could be done different or better for species going in their new homes in the next couple of days?

I don't think so - Looks good Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vivariums Ready for Your Scrutiny   

Back to top Go down

Vivariums Ready for Your Scrutiny
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1