The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Hide or not to Hide that is the question

Go down 
5 posters

How many of you use hides?
All the time
Hide or not to Hide that is the question Vote_lcap91%Hide or not to Hide that is the question Vote_rcap
 91% [ 10 ]
Seldom (Only my favorites)
Hide or not to Hide that is the question Vote_lcap0%Hide or not to Hide that is the question Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Never
Hide or not to Hide that is the question Vote_lcap9%Hide or not to Hide that is the question Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Hide or not to Hide that is the question Empty
PostSubject: Hide or not to Hide that is the question   Hide or not to Hide that is the question Empty4/9/2008, 10:43 pm

I use hides for every scorp but I hardly see my scorps, only at night and ocassionally during the day. How many of you actually use hides? Is it even totally necessary? Assuming there isn't too much stress caused by the lack of a hide.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Hide or not to Hide that is the question   Hide or not to Hide that is the question Empty4/9/2008, 10:55 pm

I figure a hide is a good thing -- I think that otherwise a scorp's instincts are telling it it's vulnerable to predation and cause it undue stress.

If it has a hide, it only gets a bit of stress when I remove it to show the scorpion to someone or to check on it.

I suppose someone with ample scorps could do an experiment on hide vs. no hide, but that would take quite a while (and probably the death of quite a few scorps) to establish any correlation.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Hide or not to Hide that is the question   Hide or not to Hide that is the question Empty4/9/2008, 11:19 pm

I use as much as I can because the scorp need them. It reduces stress and make them less likely to sting. It really not a problem for me whenever I wanna see them I just lift the hide.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Hide or not to Hide that is the question   Hide or not to Hide that is the question Empty4/10/2008, 9:23 am

every animal in this world needs a retreat. Cats even have "hidey holes" for when they feel nervous etc etc. So for sure a scorpion, through nature and instinct would want a hide
xxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Hide or not to Hide that is the question   Hide or not to Hide that is the question Empty4/10/2008, 12:20 pm

Another thought occurred to me last night as I was checking on my inverts before bed . . . Even if everyone has hides, if you leave them undisturbed for a while almost everyone comes out at night. Grab a blacklight, and you can watch your scorps out in the open while still letting them have a hide to run to.

Heck, even my female flatrock was out last night!
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Hide or not to Hide that is the question   Hide or not to Hide that is the question Empty4/10/2008, 12:31 pm

Yeah most scorps are out and active at night especially your A. mauritanicus Razz. I'll be shipping on Monday by the way there all fed and mycosis free from what I can tell.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Hide or not to Hide that is the question   Hide or not to Hide that is the question Empty4/10/2008, 12:52 pm

SWEEEEET!

My A. amoreuxi NEVER comes out of her hide. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Hide or not to Hide that is the question   Hide or not to Hide that is the question Empty4/10/2008, 12:54 pm

Sorry it so long I just thought maybe I was gonna be able to get some replaced and what not. So there gonna be smaller than orinally advertised.Sad. But cool none the less.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: Hide or not to Hide that is the question   Hide or not to Hide that is the question Empty4/10/2008, 1:11 pm

I see a lot of setups that don't have hides. I think this is mainly breeder and people that have hundreds.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: Hide or not to Hide that is the question   Hide or not to Hide that is the question Empty4/10/2008, 3:38 pm

Allways use hides..! allways!

anything orther then some place where the scorp can go and be a scorp whould be room.. they need hides Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Hide or not to Hide that is the question   Hide or not to Hide that is the question Empty4/11/2008, 12:10 pm

its animal cruelty to not allow them a place to hide and also an enviroment that is as close as you can make it to their natural set up.
In the wild they have hides, or places to hide so in captivity the same should be offered.
common sense and animal cruelty without
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hide or not to Hide that is the question   Hide or not to Hide that is the question Empty

Back to top Go down

Hide or not to Hide that is the question
Page 1 of 1