The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Borrego Springs Bark Scorpion?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
borrego
Pandinus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-22

Borrego Springs Bark Scorpion? Empty
PostSubject: Borrego Springs Bark Scorpion?   Borrego Springs Bark Scorpion? Empty6/22/2010, 12:56 pm

Hi,

I found 2 of these in my house in Borrego Springs California. I've heard there are 9 scorp species in this area (anza borrego state park), but none of them dangerous. I have 2 small kids. I heard the Bark scorpion has made its way into Palm Springs 60 miles to the north, and one day will eventually be here, but i'm hoping that day hasn't come. This guy was trapped in a Roach Motel. His tail is sideways, which may be just due to the sticky trap. The tail segment next to the last is darker. The tail seems pretty fat. Legs are clear with dark spots at the joints.

Any help is really appreciated. if this is a bark scorpion, it will be concerning news for the town. Hopefully its not.

Thanks in advance for any help. Ed[img][/img][img][/img][url][/url][img][/img]

Last edited by borrego on 6/22/2010, 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : need to add picture)
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Borrego Springs Bark Scorpion?   Borrego Springs Bark Scorpion? Empty6/22/2010, 5:48 pm

I would like to help but unfortunately I cannot see any pics.
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Borrego Springs Bark Scorpion?   Borrego Springs Bark Scorpion? Empty6/22/2010, 8:30 pm

Other than there not being a picture to make an accurate ID it is also important to realize that not all bark scorpions are the same and likewise not all have very potent venom. Many bark scorpions have a bee like sting so it shouldn't be a big deal unless it's one of the very few decently potent bark scorpions in the states. For reiteration just saying "bark scorpion" when referring to a certain type of scorpion and it's potency is closely compared to something like saying "small dog" when referring to it's color. The picture would help much more though Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Borrego Springs Bark Scorpion?   Borrego Springs Bark Scorpion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Borrego Springs Bark Scorpion?
Page 1 of 1