The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

My set up (for now)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ElWray
Pandinus

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-05-25

My set up (for now) Empty
PostSubject: My set up (for now)   My set up (for now) Empty5/26/2010, 8:43 am

I didnt want to get TOO carried away, as I plan on moving everything around when I get my second emp. (this is before I put the heat pad on the back)
Plans:
- 2 more hiding spots
- More coco substrate (I have 2 "blocks" still)
- Some flat rocks (are these for sitting on? or should I prop them up so they can hide under them?)

Questions:
- Is anything "wrong"?
- With a second emp in there, will I need another water dish? (I wouldnt think so, but...)
- Should I replace the "big" hiding space with a small one?
[img]My set up (for now) Img_5214[/img]
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My set up (for now)   My set up (for now) Empty5/26/2010, 9:10 am

The rocks are useful both as hiding spots and as a breeding platform -- for hiding, you can encourage them to start a burrow by making a small depression in the substrate under one edge.

Other than that, things look OK.
Back to top Go down
ElWray
Pandinus

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: My set up (for now)   My set up (for now) Empty5/26/2010, 9:14 am

Thanks!
Honestly, this has been the most helpful forum Ive been on! (for any topic)
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: My set up (for now)   My set up (for now) Empty5/26/2010, 1:58 pm

The only suggestion I would make would be to maybe cover the hide on the right with substrate to block up those holes on the sides so that light cannot get into it - only slightly from the main entrance. (Remember, emperors like darkness) Smile
Back to top Go down
Gnat
Centruroides
Gnat

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: My set up (for now)   My set up (for now) Empty5/26/2010, 7:35 pm

for the flat rocks, brace them from the bottom so the scorps cant undermine them. for example in my emp tank i put 2 shot glasses upside down on the bottem of the bare tank, put substrate to the top of the glasses then put my log i use for a hide on top of the shot glasses. this way the scorps can burrow all they want and there is no worry of the log collapsing and possibly injuring them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectgeeks.com/gnat
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My set up (for now)   My set up (for now) Empty

Back to top Go down

My set up (for now)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpion Pictures / Videos-
Jump to: