The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus Empty
PostSubject: Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus   Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus Empty5/19/2010, 2:29 pm

Hi all. I would like some help on what I should be doing water wise for my two scorplings.

Firstly the H. paucidens is 2i and kept in this tank. the substrate is dried coco fibre mixed with sand. A few slate caves silicone sealed together. Been misting under a small one.

Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus DSCF0194

I snuck a pic of it earlier. Rarely leaves the caves, well that I know of. Just has its claws hanging out waiting for crix.

Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus DSCF0198

All I keep reading is that they're hard to raise. Am I right in thinking this is because of the high mortality rate in captivity due to needing the correct humidity to moult and that probably nobody knows what it is.

Then there's the V/H. spinigerus. Not sure what instar it is and would also like your opinions on this, I don't think its adult? This is the tanks he's in. The substrate is a wetted/ packed down/ died sand and excavator sand mix. Two of the bits of bark are buried under the sand. Been misting under a loose bark hide.

Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus DSCF0208

This pic is from the shop I got it from but they only had 1 and it looks exactly the same and same tub so im sure its my one.

Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus 0bc86faa76943680ae638f68c94f80bfima

Only pics i could get of it so far are these. Ones not so good and others blacklight because iv only seen it out at night and its made a good burrow so dont want to disturb it. Flash came out too bright.

Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus DSCF0206

Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus DSCF0204

Want to give these guys the best chance of maturing possible. Any help or suggestions for these will be appreciated.
Thank you, Jamie
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus   Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus Empty5/19/2010, 10:25 pm

Since they're both desert species, too much water will be detrimental -- but being young, they still need a little bit lest they desiccate.

Try misting a corner of each tank from time to time. A dish of water would be a bit much I think.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus   Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus Empty5/20/2010, 3:50 am

Ok cheers, shall do that from now on
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus   Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus Empty

Back to top Go down

Water for my scorplings? H. paucidens / V/h. spinigerus
Page 1 of 1