The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Scorpion ID session :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Scorpion ID session :) Empty
PostSubject: Scorpion ID session :)   Scorpion ID session :) Empty2/15/2010, 8:53 pm

Firstly I'd like to thank Alex for pointing me in the right direction with this one...

got some H.spinnifer in 2008 and as they matured, they were smaller than I would expect for a H.spinnifer and the female was noticeably smaller than the male.

So after chatting with Alex he suggested a species that on the face of it, appeared to fit the scorpions I have here.

Now I keep my Heterometrus in very deep substrate and decided to wait until one of them came out to ID them (couldn't be bothered to dig them out!). They are particularly shy scorpions. Anyway the male appeared tonight so I took the chance to grab him and have an ID session.

So with scorp in one hand and a load of ID paperwork on the floor I nearly jumped for joy to find that I actually have Heterometrus cimrmani.

This species was thought to be a natural size variation of Heterometrus spinnifer but was described as a seperate species in 2004 (Kovarik, 2004)

So I am seriously one very happy bunny bounce
Back to top Go down
freeman
Centruroides
freeman

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion ID session :)   Scorpion ID session :) Empty2/16/2010, 11:17 am

congrats you have a rare species there Smile
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion ID session :)   Scorpion ID session :) Empty2/16/2010, 11:38 am

Aye and since the male has been turfed out of the burrow I'm hoping the female might have some little goodies inside her about to drop Razz
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion ID session :)   Scorpion ID session :) Empty2/16/2010, 12:48 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion ID session :)   Scorpion ID session :) Empty2/21/2010, 2:50 am

Awesome news, and yet, no one has used the awesome smiley!

awesome

And if that didn't cover it: clicky
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion ID session :)   Scorpion ID session :) Empty3/1/2010, 9:59 pm

awww Legend.... as always you can never be to sure bout those generic Het Asian imports...

After reading Kovarik (almost cover to cover) I was starting to wonder if I kept spinifer at all... lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion ID session :)   Scorpion ID session :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorpion ID session :)
Page 1 of 1