The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty
PostSubject: Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis   Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty2/15/2010, 8:56 am

Is this species sexually mature at the last instar or before. And how many instars to adulthood?
Back to top Go down
Sinistersoljer
Centruroides

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis   Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty2/15/2010, 6:20 pm

Um I'm pretty sure it's after the final one and 7 instars
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis   Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty2/15/2010, 6:27 pm

ok thanks for the reply Smile I was pretty sure they weren't sexually mature until the final instar but wasn't certain of the instars to adulthood.
Back to top Go down
Sinistersoljer
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis   Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty2/15/2010, 6:33 pm

Yep I'm getting one tommorow is the white sand ok substrait wise?
Back to top Go down
Sinistersoljer
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis   Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty2/15/2010, 6:34 pm

I read up on them but it just said sand
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis   Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty2/15/2010, 8:23 pm

I have mine in a deep tank with about 10" sand to the back tapering down to about 7" at the front.

I use a composite mixture of sand / bentonite clay and pea gravel. Ratio 14:1:2

Mix it all together whilst damp and fill your tank. The clay binds the sand and stones to that it makes perfect burrowing substrate that can be scratched away by the scorpion but is firm enough not to collapse.

However I believe people also have good results using a coir / sand mix. the fibres of the coir hold the substrate well in order for the scorpion to burrow.

On the other hand I know a lot of people just provide normal shallow sand substrate and a hide and it appears to be of no detriment to the scorpion
Back to top Go down
Sinistersoljer
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis   Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty2/15/2010, 8:33 pm

Oh ok these other ppl said the sand I got is junk it's just white calcium free reptile sand so idk I'll prolly have to use it till I can locate something better like you have Neutral
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis   Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty2/15/2010, 8:42 pm

to be honest with you, get a bag of kids play sand. You will get a lot more for your money. plus it is safe because it is cleaned for children to play with.

Silversand is also good value for money from a builders yard. You may want to heat treat beforehand because it is usually kept outside in the yard.

I haven't used any 'reptile' sand for ages because it is far to expensive for the amount you get. Kids sand and silversand may not be as fine as 'reptile' sand but it does the job for a fraction of the price
Back to top Go down
Sinistersoljer
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis   Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty2/15/2010, 9:00 pm

What temp and how long? Also thanks alot for the help
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis   Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty2/15/2010, 9:03 pm

I usually bang it in the microwave for 7-8 mins

I 'think' the oven temps is 160oC which I again 'think' is gas mark 4 for about an hour - anyone please correct me if I'm wrong I haven't used the oven way for a few years.
Back to top Go down
Sinistersoljer
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis   Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty2/15/2010, 9:07 pm

Thanks and your a breeder right? If so do you ship to US
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis   Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty2/15/2010, 9:12 pm

yes I am a breeder but I haven't shipped outside of the EU. I think there may be paperwork involved but I have a friend who runs his own spid shop here in the uk and I will ask him what the score is.
Back to top Go down
Sinistersoljer
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis   Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis Empty2/15/2010, 11:48 pm

ok thanks Smile
Back to top Go down

Sexual maturity of Hadrurus arizonensis
Page 1 of 1