The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

question on mating

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
michaelll
Centruroides
michaelll

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-02-07

question on mating Empty
PostSubject: question on mating   question on mating Empty2/15/2010, 6:59 am

hi for the moment im keeping lychas mucronatus , and mesobhuthos martensii . my question is . is it the best way to keep them together or do i seperate the males and just introduce them sometimes , the lychas is 2,2 and the martensii is 3,2,1 and the lychas is going in a 30x30x45 tank and the martensii in a 110x110x100 tank so there is plenty of places to sex games and hiding places , im beginning to think it might be gay scorpions all of them ,please give me some suggestion so i can have my fist babies soon
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

question on mating Empty
PostSubject: Re: question on mating   question on mating Empty2/21/2010, 3:01 am

The best results seem to come from introducing a male to a female's enclosure. My best guess is lonely male + built-up female pheromones = a wild night.

This has worked for me for Uroctonus mordax as well as Centruroides sculpturatus. The male got right down to juddering when there was a lady at home.

Just be patient, 'cause the process can take anywhere from half an hour to overnight.

For the very large tanks it may be difficult for a male to find a female, so you may want to give him a little nudge in the right direction (though he may take a bit to calm down after the disturbance).
Back to top Go down
michaelll
Centruroides
michaelll

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-02-07

question on mating Empty
PostSubject: Re: question on mating   question on mating Empty2/21/2010, 4:42 am

damn , a supermanĀ“half a hour , Very Happy just ordered 10 more of these , hoping for some action then / thanks michael
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

question on mating Empty
PostSubject: Re: question on mating   question on mating Empty

Back to top Go down

question on mating
Page 1 of 1