The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

2 Quick Questions on mats and link..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Majestic
Hadogenes
Majestic

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-02-11

2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty
PostSubject: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/12/2010, 9:47 am

has anyone bought anything in this site? www.exotic-pets.co.uk Was wondering if they are reliable with good delivery before making purchase of my first emp Very Happy

And from that site which is the best heat mat I could possibly get for a 10 gallon tank? so far i'm thinking of komodo radiant heat mat 15x28cm (6x11 inch) besides of the exo terra infra red bulb I already have which is 50w..
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/12/2010, 11:53 am

I was going to when i first got into the hobby but then i read some very bad reviews.

Almost all of their animals are wild caught and there have been many reviews where people have said that their animal that they purchased turned up with health issues. (mites, parasites etc)
Also, you cannot go to them on site, you can only contact them using their website and so you never get to see the animal in person before you buy it.

It is for these reasons that i would not recommend them.

P.S. That's probably why they have such a good looking website, because they need all the business they can get.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/12/2010, 11:57 am

I have a "habistat heat mat" by "eurorep" that works brilliantly, so you could look for that.
http://www.reptiles-info.co.uk/Images/heatmatlarge.jpg

I also have a few "thermomat" by "heat" that work great as well.

http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/insect/images/LRheatmat.jpg
Back to top Go down
Majestic
Hadogenes
Majestic

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/12/2010, 1:20 pm

Oh thanks for some great info helps alot.. do you have any alternative or like locations where I could purchase a nice emp scorp? I tried searching online but they are from far away and would be worried if I do get one from these, the scorps might have health issues due to packaging or transport problems... That's why i'm tryna avoid ordering from far away locations and the pet shops next to me only have exotic lizards.. T_T
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/12/2010, 1:54 pm

You in the UK?
Back to top Go down
Majestic
Hadogenes
Majestic

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/12/2010, 4:28 pm

Yeah I am Smile
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/12/2010, 6:03 pm

Bugzuk.com

That guy is great. http://www.bugzuk.com/scorpions.php?page=2
Back to top Go down
Majestic
Hadogenes
Majestic

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/13/2010, 4:20 pm

Thanks but why is the order details for the scorpion lacking? like the gender and size is small, medium and large :S are you sure they're trustworthy??
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/13/2010, 5:35 pm

Yeah. I have bought off him many times before.

Just email him and ask if he has a male/female and he will tell you if he does or not.

You can also check what he means by medium by asking whether they are smaller adults or sub-adults.
Back to top Go down
Majestic
Hadogenes
Majestic

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/13/2010, 5:47 pm

oh thanks a bunch man Very Happy i really appreciate this i would e-mail him asap im like 3hrs drive away from him but ill get it ordered how long does it normally take for you to get the package and how does he package the scorps?
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/13/2010, 8:01 pm

The packages have always come the next day (working day).

He packs them in small plastic tubs with kitchen roll inside and then within a small cardboard box full, and i mean full, of shredded paper.

Never had any problems and would definitely recommend.

As for the drive thing, just get them sent to you. Postage is £7 which is much less than the petrol money you would be looking to pay to go pick them up.
Back to top Go down
Majestic
Hadogenes
Majestic

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/14/2010, 6:46 am

Thanks so if I order one scorpion on Sunday night it should come the next day? Did you pay by card or by paypal?
Back to top Go down
Chaika
Centruroides
Chaika

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/14/2010, 7:25 am

Majestic wrote:
Thanks so if I order one scorpion on Sunday night it should come the next day? Did you pay by card or by paypal?

Nope, next 'working' day. So if you order something on Sunday night then he will process, pack and mail your order probably on Monday so you should receive it on Tuesday. Smile
Back to top Go down
Majestic
Hadogenes
Majestic

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/14/2010, 7:31 am

Makes more sense takes for the clarification Smile can't wait to have my first scorpion I'll get a female one and name her akasha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/14/2010, 10:38 am

However, he will only process your order once the payment has gone through to him.

Sometimes as i'm sure you know, they take a few days when other times it will go stright through.

Just thought i'd mention it. So when you see on your bills a £? payment that you know is to bugzuk, then you will probably get it the following day.

I have always ordered on a week day and received it the next day apart from my last one, which took a few days.
But when the payment had gone through, i received it the very next day.

And yes, i use paypal
Back to top Go down
Majestic
Hadogenes
Majestic

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/14/2010, 7:34 pm

Man I want to buy from him too but im having troubles paying with paypal coz my account is link to paypal but I canclled paypal before so everytime i just want to pay by card it kept tryna log me on paypal but my bank cancels anything to do with paypal... so its a never ending cycle... is there any alternative site? I'm hoping of ordering tonight with a budget of £18.00 including shipping for an emp scorp... is it better to buy a juvenile or adult for a beginner like me?
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/15/2010, 3:43 am

Either is fine but i would probably recommend adult. Purely because you won't have to worry about getting the humidity just right when it molts.
Back to top Go down
Majestic
Hadogenes
Majestic

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty2/15/2010, 9:22 am

thanks adult it is then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 Quick Questions on mats and link..   2 Quick Questions on mats and link.. Empty

Back to top Go down

2 Quick Questions on mats and link..
Page 1 of 1