The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2010-01-26

Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/11/2010, 8:56 pm

binksyboy3 wrote:
She was trying to mate with him, but was unsuccessful because he is still too young.

i second this
Back to top Go down
Sithis
Centruroides
Sithis

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/11/2010, 8:59 pm

Okay I just got home. He is alive and well upon inspection his telson is not dark red it is light red. Should I provide a flat surface? I dont have a way to show him yet I need 2 buuy a camera
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/11/2010, 9:00 pm

ehh flat surface is not always necessary unless your looking for a breeding spot. In the pic i showed you, the stones that are laying on the ground are what i placed for breeding but its not likely that it will be used. It will be a very dark red/brown color when there .
Back to top Go down
Sithis
Centruroides
Sithis

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/11/2010, 9:28 pm

I did buy a pair so they might mate. I think he has to molt again before he can mate. Will I have to re locate her when he does? Might she hurt him if his exoskeleton is not hard?
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/11/2010, 10:27 pm

Well if she continues to harass him when his molt is near, it might be a good idea but if by then shes calmed down and they chill, she will probably protect him and may become more defensive of you coming near.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 11:47 am

^ Well said
Back to top Go down
Sithis
Centruroides
Sithis

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 11:57 am

Wow, I wouldnt have expected it but she is really protective of him. I wanted to see if he was alive so I dug up the hide they were in. She got upset and paced around a little. I went to touch him and see of all of him was there and she runs up to my hand in attack mode. She stood on top of him, I tried to touch her to make her move away from him, but instead she spins around and tries to pinch me. He looks okay. hide is back in place and they're alone now.

What do you guys say for leaving crickets in there? I have had a lone female running around in there for 2 days.
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 2:21 pm

Well thats probably not a smart idea because you have a heat source and females do obviously lay the eggs which means you can be having more. If your gonna feed both of them, just take 2 crickets and toss them down there hide or hole and if you don't see them outside of the hide and walking around there most likely .
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 3:01 pm

anemiaffx wrote:
because you have a heat source and females do obviously lay the eggs

I assume you mean the female cricket and not the scorpion as scorpions give birth to live young.

Was your male moving much when you checked on him?
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 3:02 pm

yes i was talking about the crickets.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 3:07 pm

Ok cool, just checking lol
Back to top Go down
Sithis
Centruroides
Sithis

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 3:13 pm

so if she is still alive should I just take her outside and kill her?
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 3:15 pm

wtf? why would you be her?
Back to top Go down
Sithis
Centruroides
Sithis

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 3:18 pm

by her I mean the femme cricket
Back to top Go down
Sithis
Centruroides
Sithis

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 3:22 pm

binksyboy3 wrote:
anemiaffx wrote:
because you have a heat source and females do obviously lay the eggs

I assume you mean the female cricket and not the scorpion as scorpions give birth to live young.

Was your male moving much when you checked on him?

No he was just chillin. he dont look injured or anything. he did move around till she climbed on him
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 3:26 pm

no just feed her to your scorpion dude...
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 4:14 pm

save female cricket for food.
Back to top Go down
Sithis
Centruroides
Sithis

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 7:33 pm

K Thanks for all of the input. I have been glued to this forum. man I have been learning alot. Newb
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty2/13/2010, 5:55 pm

excellent ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?   Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Will my larger female eat my new young smaller male?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2