The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

two scorpions together help!please help quick

Go down 
+5
H. laoticus
akad3m1kz
binksyboy3
The-Scorp-Whisperer
kfc rocks
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kfc rocks
Pandinus

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-02

two scorpions together help!please help quick Empty
PostSubject: two scorpions together help!please help quick   two scorpions together help!please help quick Empty1/17/2010, 9:03 am

i have a young female emperor and i put a second emp in this one is a large adult male.
i thought they would be fine together the female is 3/4 the size of the adult and tried to sting the adult male as he kept advancing on her just before she stung i moved the male by his tale and placed him in a small temporery cleaned out cricket box he is still there now and i need help because he cnt stay ther for ever and they dont get along together.

[u][b]PLEASE HELP Quick!
any help will do please

Last edited by kfc rocks on 1/17/2010, 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: two scorpions together help!please help quick   two scorpions together help!please help quick Empty1/17/2010, 10:36 am

Just keep them in separate enclosures until the female is adult size. thats all u can really do, or are you sure they are both emperors the female could possibly be a asian forest scorp and therefore not compatible with the emperor.

Give us a couple pics to help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: two scorpions together help!please help quick   two scorpions together help!please help quick Empty1/17/2010, 11:09 am

Keep them separated for the time being.
Back to top Go down
kfc rocks
Pandinus

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-02

PostSubject: Re: two scorpions together help!please help quick   two scorpions together help!please help quick Empty1/17/2010, 1:36 pm

thanks ill get some pics soon
Back to top Go down
akad3m1kz
Pandinus

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: two scorpions together help!please help quick   two scorpions together help!please help quick Empty1/17/2010, 2:27 pm

having a hard time uploading a pic? theres a button here that allows u to upload on the website. copy that link and paste it in between the img & /img dont put it after
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: two scorpions together help!please help quick   two scorpions together help!please help quick Empty1/17/2010, 6:28 pm

well, I don't suggest keeping a smaller scorpion with a larger one, but try it again and keep an eye on them. Sometimes they just quarrel in the beginning and relax after. If it keeps up, you'll just have to separate them.

-did you rearrange the tank before the introduction?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: two scorpions together help!please help quick   two scorpions together help!please help quick Empty1/17/2010, 6:58 pm

There's a thread on how to post images but I can't find it . . . if you have a photobucket account or something similar, it should have a BBcode for embedding images in forums.

If not, click the little floppy-disc-and-a-polaroid icon above the box you post a reply in, upload a pic from your computer, and it will give you a URL (http://.jpg) -- copy and paste that between [ IMG ] and [/ IMG ], but without the spaces.

Anywho, as has been said, keep them separate. You can also try rearranging the entire enclosure and mixing up the substrate first to eliminate any existing territories.

And a scorpion is immune to the venom of its own species, so a sting here and there isn't a problem (it's also part of many species' courtships).
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: two scorpions together help!please help quick   two scorpions together help!please help quick Empty1/17/2010, 8:51 pm

Id be suprised if you put them in and they didnt brawl a little bit tbh, But make sure once you put them in together you monitor them as much as you can, i did with my juveniles but the fighting with them isnt much of a problem, but with adults they can get killed
Back to top Go down
gromgroms
Centruroides
gromgroms

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: two scorpions together help!please help quick   two scorpions together help!please help quick Empty1/17/2010, 9:00 pm

my female and male fought alot at first, now theyre lovebirds/tolerate each other

added a new subadult girl who just walked right in and sleeps with them now
Back to top Go down
Phan_X
Pandinus
Phan_X

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: two scorpions together help!please help quick   two scorpions together help!please help quick Empty2/27/2010, 1:37 pm

i dont know if my emp scorps are males or females but i had no trobule keeping 2 in a small enclosure. i think its about a 10 gallon tank? im not 100% positive but it should be a 10 gallon. i first bought the bigger emp scorp then the day after i bought a smaller one, like 3/4 size or even 1/2 size.... they never fight? the bigger one is just lazy and the smaller one sometimes goes into defense mode
Back to top Go down
gromgroms
Centruroides
gromgroms

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: two scorpions together help!please help quick   two scorpions together help!please help quick Empty2/28/2010, 10:13 am

i've seemed to have issues with younger scorps being more fiesty than adults. so its not just you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: two scorpions together help!please help quick   two scorpions together help!please help quick Empty

Back to top Go down

two scorpions together help!please help quick
Page 1 of 1