The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Mesobuthus spp. in captivity.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Mesobuthus spp. in captivity. Empty
PostSubject: Mesobuthus spp. in captivity.   Mesobuthus spp. in captivity. Empty11/28/2009, 11:30 am

I am wondering how many species there are kept in captivity around in the EU.
I have only seen two species M. martensii and M. gibbosus for sale but I have not search the salesmarked besides denmark and germany.I would love to get more Mesobuthus spp. in the new year if possible but I dont know how big my chances are.
Anyone knows of other Mesobuthus spp. in captivity and if anyone is breeding them I would be bounce all night long.
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Mesobuthus spp. in captivity.   Mesobuthus spp. in captivity. Empty11/28/2009, 2:50 pm

Id' look at the Sale/Trade section in this forum... I've never been there personally because I usually have to find closer source than the ones posted here. But its worth a shot in the event you that you haven't. In fact I'm gonna check it out roght now....
Back to top Go down
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Mesobuthus spp. in captivity.   Mesobuthus spp. in captivity. Empty11/29/2009, 8:13 pm

Thanks...I have been looking in SF sale forum from time to time,not often but I haven't yet seen any for sale and there isn't much writing about them either, breeding or such stuff, here or on some of the other forums I visit so I was wondering if these scorps are in the hobby at all besides the two mentioned before.
Does any of you ever seen or heard about any other sp. then I would be glad to hear about it.
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Mesobuthus spp. in captivity.   Mesobuthus spp. in captivity. Empty11/30/2009, 2:09 pm

well in Malaysia pet store hardly ever have anything but the local H. spinifer and they are all wild-caught... which makes me question the sustainability of this practice... thats's Ive decided to go into captive breeding them myself... my efforts are small but I reckon every little but helps even though it costing me unnecessarily. But if I don't do it no-one else will.

Foreign species even emps are reallye rare... cos to your average person here, even pet stores think they know that a scorpion is a scorpion is a scorpion... and the word 'scorpion' is about as specific as the labels at the store gets.

Nonetheless among our group of friends we manage to get our hands on some Tityus, Rhopalurus, s Babycurus, Centruroides, Vaejovis, Parabuthus, Androctonus, Leiurus.... Uroplectus is rather new to us here. If SF doesn't have somehing you're looking for... you could also check out who is selling what at AB and VL... I hope no-one especially the staff minds about me referring...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mesobuthus spp. in captivity.   Mesobuthus spp. in captivity. Empty

Back to top Go down

Mesobuthus spp. in captivity.
Page 1 of 1