The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Where to buy more scorps?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MissAdema
Pandinus

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Where to buy more scorps? Empty
PostSubject: Where to buy more scorps?   Where to buy more scorps? Empty11/11/2009, 11:31 pm

Despite the issue I am having with my P. cavimanus... I was looking into possibly getting a H. spinifer. This one cool local shop had one last year when I was in there, but at the time, I was so busy with work/school I didn't have time to do a new tank setup or get back to this store (it's about 45 minutes from my house and totally out of the way of work or school). I have been looking online, and doing a random google for anybody selling or breeding them. I got nothing. I even called all of my local shops that I know at one time or another sold even just Emperors, and they have nothing. The one shop that is out of my way... I went there about 3 weeks ago and they had 2 Flat Rocks that they said were born there Aug. 08. From what they told me, they are 2i.

Now I'm not very educated on molting or the stages/aging to instars. Any scorp I bought was at least documented to be 2-3 years old. Does that pet shop sound like they know what they are talking about? When I looked at them, they were maybe 2 inches long (body, not tail or pincers). I mean they were tiny little things. I'm not too crazy about getting a desert species though, even though that would probably solve my woes of the tropical Hell I have going on, lol.

So anybody that has H. spinifer, how do you like it? How would you compare them to P. cavimanus? And would anybody know of somewhere I would be able to contact in order to get one?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy more scorps?   Where to buy more scorps? Empty11/12/2009, 12:22 am

Heterometrus spp. are pretty cool. Most pet stores don't know what they're talking about, so take whatever they say with a substantial grain of salt.

As for finding where to buy them, check the classifieds -- that's what they're there for. ;-) This genus is really common among breeders and importers.
Back to top Go down
Cowin8579
Pandinus

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy more scorps?   Where to buy more scorps? Empty11/16/2009, 7:44 pm

I have one. Very active, aggressive feeder. Good choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy more scorps?   Where to buy more scorps? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to buy more scorps?
Page 1 of 1