The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Seizure like episode pics.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Arachnid Steve
Hadogenes
Arachnid Steve

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Seizure like episode pics. Empty
PostSubject: Seizure like episode pics.   Seizure like episode pics. Empty11/11/2009, 11:30 pm

He was like this when I found him so I missed some of it, but here it is.
Seizure like episode pics. 2009-11-002_1
Seizure like episode pics. 100_1422_1
Seizure like episode pics. 100_1423_1
Seizure like episode pics. 100_1424_1
Seizure like episode pics. 100_1425_1
Seizure like episode pics. 100_1426_1
Seizure like episode pics. 100_1428_1
After those 20 minutes I reached down and touched him, he slowly corrected himself and seems normal again.
Seizure like episode pics. 100_1429
Seizure like episode pics. 100_1430_1
Seizure like episode pics. 100_1431
Hope the documentation helps.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Seizure like episode pics.   Seizure like episode pics. Empty11/12/2009, 12:24 am

That's pretty bizarre. Suspect He also looks really skinny -- has he been fasting lately?

Is there any chance he's falling off his decor and not bothering to right himself until disturbed? Not that that would explain the sharply arched back . . .

Weird.
Back to top Go down
Arachnid Steve
Hadogenes
Arachnid Steve

PostSubject: Re: Seizure like episode pics.   Seizure like episode pics. Empty11/12/2009, 1:45 am

Well, he didn't eat for several weeks (posted pics worried bout his sides getting darker, you said he looked healthy), then he ate 6 crickets one night and now these two crickets haven't disappeared yet so he's not eating much. Not really any decor to fall from, but he starts out with his legs drawing up under him then falls to his side, tail usually flinging like the scorp in the Innesi mating vid, then ends up on his back looking like these pics. Sometimes this goes on for nearly an hour but when he quits moving I give him a few minutes, then reach down and touch or rub on him, he usually corrects himself and goes on with normal life.
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Seizure like episode pics.   Seizure like episode pics. Empty11/12/2009, 2:37 am

oh crap
that's freaking weird.

dunno what else to say about it lol

When he's not doing that, does he walk around normally? Any ants or mites on him? Temperature of the enclosure?
Back to top Go down
Arachnid Steve
Hadogenes
Arachnid Steve

PostSubject: Re: Seizure like episode pics.   Seizure like episode pics. Empty11/12/2009, 2:54 am

Yep, pretty normal usually, but he doesn't use either hide or burrow since the weather turned cool here. No mites or ants to speak of but I may be wrong, just seen a pic of what to look for but I can't see anything like that on him. Temp usually stays between 80 and 86F, tonight is pretty cool and its at 78. Red incandesent bulb and a heat mat, I use a damp towel over my lid to keep heat and humidity.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Seizure like episode pics.   Seizure like episode pics. Empty11/12/2009, 1:53 pm

I don't know what to say. Never seen that before Shocked
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: Seizure like episode pics.   Seizure like episode pics. Empty11/13/2009, 4:01 am

when my P. cavi died due to extreme heat conditions, it was in that position. Its back was arched and its legs curled. Is the heat mat placed on the side or the bottom? By the way, how are you reading the temperature? Strip on the side?
Back to top Go down
Arachnid Steve
Hadogenes
Arachnid Steve

PostSubject: Re: Seizure like episode pics.   Seizure like episode pics. Empty11/13/2009, 3:37 pm

Yep, strip on the inside, opposite side of the tank from the heat mat. It's also on the side.
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: Seizure like episode pics.   Seizure like episode pics. Empty11/14/2009, 2:59 am

hmm, you said 80-86 degrees F with the strip on the outside of the tank on the opposite end of the tank. I would think that's pretty warm in there. Does the scorp tend to go on the opposite end of the heat bulb and heat mat to escape the heat? Btw, is the heat mat on the same side as the heat bulb?
Back to top Go down
Arachnid Steve
Hadogenes
Arachnid Steve

PostSubject: Re: Seizure like episode pics.   Seizure like episode pics. Empty11/14/2009, 4:44 am

The bulb is almost center, leaning to the mat side. He usually stays comfortable I guess you'd say, he move to different spots depending on how warm the room temp but is never actually against the glass, and my temp strip is on the inside, opposite side of the heat mat. Are the temp strips dependable this way or should I just get a better thermometer ? Question Oh, and its a standard size 25watt bulb if that helps any, I can say I don't think it's incredibly hot when I change his water and thats once or twice a day.
Back to top Go down
Arachnid Steve
Hadogenes
Arachnid Steve

PostSubject: Re: Seizure like episode pics.   Seizure like episode pics. Empty11/29/2009, 2:57 pm

Well he finally slowed down for good, no seizure, just died. pale So I've studied the temps inside my tank and it suprised me to find that the temps varied so much. cool side and hot side. The strip thermometer is not reliable either so I'm redoing the tank with some 1" foam on the outside to try to get the temp steady, getting rid of the strip, and a good cleaning for everything, then find me a new Emp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seizure like episode pics.   Seizure like episode pics. Empty

Back to top Go down

Seizure like episode pics.
Page 1 of 1