The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Avicularia sp temperament??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Avicularia sp temperament?? Empty
PostSubject: Avicularia sp temperament??   Avicularia sp temperament?? Empty11/8/2009, 10:34 am

how aggro are Avicularia sp?do they flick hairs much? i just bought 10 slings from spidershop and one is an avic.
also what is the temperament of Cyclosternum fasciatum like? these are the only two i am unsure on.
so all together i spent £42.94 on:
1x Avicularia sp.
"Peru Purple"
1x Cyclosternum fasciatum
5x Brachypelma vagans
2x Euathlus sp. "Red"
1x Grammostola pulcheripes
the avic is 2cm and the rest are 1cm.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by _scorpio_ on 11/8/2009, 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : computer messing around)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Avicularia sp temperament??   Avicularia sp temperament?? Empty11/8/2009, 4:14 pm

Aggro? Not at all. Skittish? Sometimes.

Avicularia are the teddy-bears of the tarantula world and pretty good ambassadors to arachnophobes. By the way, "Peru purple" is probably Avicularia purpurea. Some are brilliant as adults, some are kind of dull. The young are greyish with the standard Avic tiger-stripes. Keep the slings nice and humid.

I've never seen an Avic with a bald spot and I've only seen them flare once or twice at a friend's place; the response was "Aww, you've got venom dripping! So cute! Razz "

Cyclosternum are fast and insane. They're not very large as adults, maybe 6-8 cm legspan.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Avicularia sp temperament??   Avicularia sp temperament?? Empty11/8/2009, 4:17 pm

A few pictures of our friend's A. purpurea: http://nay.rabscuttle.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=purpurea&page=1

The common name listed at the link says Ecuadorian purple, but hey, Peru and Ecuador share a border.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avicularia sp temperament??   Avicularia sp temperament?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Avicularia sp temperament??
Page 1 of 1