The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Can you help solve this!

Go down 
+7
AshMashMash
bjaeger
PaperTiger
H. laoticus
Mr. Mordax
Chrome
LadyRiotControl
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Can you help solve this! Empty
PostSubject: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/22/2009, 9:11 pm

Ok look at this picture, my mate says it's a juvi male LQ, however I think it looks like an AA.
I went through some of the scorpion files pictures and I cannot find a juvi LQ with red tipped chela and a black telson. And the metasoma profile looks wrong to me!

So pleeeze someone settle this debate lol!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/Young_Gun/PaulAAHandle.jpg
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/22/2009, 9:45 pm

yea AA, doesn't look like an LQ at all
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/22/2009, 11:47 pm

That's the idiot who posted pictures of himself handing an Androctonus australis a few weeks ago both on here and AB. The folks on AB ripped him a new one and I sort of did here. Not only that, he lives in Wales, so it's quite illegal and it's one of those species actually WORTH making illegal, so he's bound to make the hobby look even worse to the Powers that Be when (not if, but when) he gets stung.
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/23/2009, 1:20 am

Mr. Mordax wrote:
That's the idiot who posted pictures of himself handing an Androctonus australis a few weeks ago both on here and AB. The folks on AB ripped him a new one and I sort of did here. Not only that, he lives in Wales, so it's quite illegal and it's one of those species actually WORTH making illegal, so he's bound to make the hobby look even worse to the Powers that Be when (not if, but when) he gets stung.

I thought that picture looked familiar lol
Back to top Go down
PaperTiger
Babycurus
PaperTiger

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/23/2009, 3:57 am

Definitely a AA; looks like my soon to molt Tully-Tbby...lol
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/23/2009, 4:00 am

Yes that is the guy who posted on the forums a few weeks ago.

I was just having a debate last night with my mate Roy (Young_gun on the other forums) who swore blind it was a juvi male LQ, it was all in good nature and I still am not sure if he was winding me up or looking at that picture through beer goggles!

Anyway I also asked Jan Ove and he said is was most likely AA too.

Furthermore I have a £20 bet on this so between you guys and Jan Ove you have helped me win the bet!

CHEERS!!!!
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/23/2009, 4:23 am

Yeah it's not even shaped like an LQ if you've ever taken notice of their distinct shape.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
AshMashMash
Babycurus
AshMashMash

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/23/2009, 4:46 am

I'll say it's an AA if it gets you £20 of roy Razz
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/23/2009, 4:52 am

hahaha.

I think he had one too many beers last night!

BTW from what I have been told on the grape vine the guy with the DWA's has got rid of them all coz someone reported him
Back to top Go down
AshMashMash
Babycurus
AshMashMash

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/23/2009, 5:13 am

LadyRiotControl wrote:
hahaha.

I think he had one too many beers last night!

BTW from what I have been told on the grape vine the guy with the DWA's has got rid of them all coz someone reported him

He seemed alright on msn when I spoke to him late last night... but he's like that, his spelling is often still perfect even when hammered.

Anyways, the guy in wales this is, that has been reported?
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/23/2009, 9:42 am

from what I have heard yes
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/24/2009, 1:59 pm

I was tempted to report him 'cause he's gonna destroy the hobby for other folks in the UK. As an admin I have access to his IP address and the email he registered to the forum with contained his real name. Razz Looks like someone beat me to it.

Anyway, if this Mr. Roy is owing you 20 quid, where's our cut for helping you win the bet? awesome
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/24/2009, 5:30 pm

yeah, pay us our monies! Razz
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/24/2009, 6:22 pm

i think a free scorpion shipment for us is in order cheers
Back to top Go down
pandinus
Hadogenes
pandinus

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/24/2009, 6:26 pm

although reprting him might not be great for the hobby either, as i can very easily see one of these going down: "Authorities raided the home of an individual who was keeping deadly scorpions illegally in his home. Lawmakers have vowed to increase pprosecution and crack down hard on people who keep dangerous animals by increasing enforcement and passing new and stricter laws on the keeping of exotic animals"

John
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EKS_arachnid_society/
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/24/2009, 6:34 pm

When you all say A.A., I hope you're referring to Androctonus amoreuxi and not Androctonus australis. The pic is titled "Paul A.A. Handle." I would say that the title would give it away.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/24/2009, 7:30 pm

Pandinus, I don't think that's much better than

"So-and-so was found dead in his home after being stung by an illegally-kept scorpion. Authorities have vowed to increase pprosecution and crack down hard on people who keep dangerous animals by increasing enforcement and passing new and stricter laws on the keeping of exotic animals to prevent this from happening again."
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/24/2009, 7:34 pm

Yeah, it's a damn shame that there's idiots that make themselves known in the hobby.
Back to top Go down
pandinus
Hadogenes
pandinus

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/25/2009, 6:19 pm

Rasputin wrote:
When you all say A.A., I hope you're referring to Androctonus amoreuxi and not Androctonus australis. The pic is titled "Paul A.A. Handle." I would say that the title would give it away.

No i think they are all reffering to the australis in the picture, i'm not sure where the amourexi refference fits in.

@ Mordax,
Didn't say it was better, i said neither is good.

John
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EKS_arachnid_society/
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/25/2009, 7:30 pm

Aye it is a shame these Idiots spoil it for the hobby. Getting a DWA is hard enough without people like that making it worse.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/25/2009, 8:20 pm

pandinus wrote:

No i think they are all reffering to the australis in the picture, i'm not sure where the amourexi refference fits in.
John

No way is that an australis:
Androctonus australis
Can you help solve this! Aa
from: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/8713/scorps.html

Can you help solve this! Mvc006s3yl

Androctonus Amoreuxi
Can you help solve this! Androctonus_amoreuxi

Can you help solve this! Androctonus_amoreuxi
from: http://hk.geocities.com/hkscropion/scropion_Gallery_an_amo.htm

Note the differences in the metasomal segments and then....look at the initial pic:

Can you help solve this! PaulAAHandle
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/25/2009, 10:52 pm

It doesn't look like my A. amoreuxi, either.

Can you help solve this! IMG_0784

That last pic in Ras's post looks an awful lot like most pics of A. australis I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/25/2009, 11:40 pm

Still, mind the last 4 metasomal segments...on an A. australis they should be very pronounced, widthwise, whereas they are not so much in A. amoreuxi. The one being held is in pre-molt and the pic isn't close enough to clearly point out the variations.

In the pix I posted, the first A. australis is an adult and the second is clearly a juvenile; the same goes for the A. amoreuxi pix I posted - the scorp being held is obviously a juvenile (you can tell by it's coloration) and if you study both the A. australis and the A. amoreuxi juvenile pix closely you will see the variations between the two species.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/26/2009, 12:50 am

i would hold my money on A.australis
Back to top Go down
PaperTiger
Babycurus
PaperTiger

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty10/26/2009, 12:53 am

Can you help solve this! Img_5313

With all due respect to everyone and, I'm the last person to be deemed a "pro" at this. This is my juvenile Androctonus australis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you help solve this!   Can you help solve this! Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you help solve this!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpion ID-
Jump to: