The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Scorpions guarding some white rock things?

Go down 
+5
LXDNG79
LadyRiotControl
binksyboy3
Venom
The-New-Guy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty
PostSubject: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/24/2009, 12:16 pm

Ok so im not a scorpion poop expert, its either that or white rock things? lol

https://2img.net/h/i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/scorpion-newbie/DSC00319.jpg

You can see photo below i had to confront him to get him to move away

https://2img.net/h/i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/scorpion-newbie/DSC00320.jpg

And yeah it is the male thats standing there with them, so i mean i dont know what this is, im thinking its nothing but then it just got my imagination going lol, Thanks for any help again awesome
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/24/2009, 1:16 pm

Looks like spores, fungi, or eggs of some other creature
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/24/2009, 1:58 pm

Venom wrote:
Looks like spores, fungi, or eggs of some other creature

Ok well its not eggs of another creature i can tell you that, as for spores or fungi i dont understand why it would just grow there, they dont seem to be attached to the substrate in anyway, just laying there
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/24/2009, 2:28 pm

don't worry about it. It's looks like mould to me or fungus. The scorp won't be guarding it either, just in a position where it looks so.

Nothing to worry about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/24/2009, 2:42 pm

binksyboy3 wrote:
don't worry about it. It's looks like mould to me or fungus. The scorp won't be guarding it either, just in a position where it looks so.

Nothing to worry about Very Happy

What should I do about it, Take them out?
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/24/2009, 3:29 pm

If you want to. That's what i would do.

But they pose no threat, so i would take them out anyway rather than let it grow some more. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/24/2009, 5:27 pm

Taken them out, there sort of solid but can be squeezed, have liquid inside, still totally unsure what they are lol
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/24/2009, 6:54 pm

Anything unusual like that should always be removed.

We occasionally get fungus (mushrooms) growing in tanks, usually from a contaminated coir blocks.
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/25/2009, 6:40 am

The-New-Guy wrote:
Taken them out, there sort of solid but can be squeezed, have liquid inside, still totally unsure what they are lol

Thats scorpion poop dude...... the outside has hardened with the exposure to atmosphere and the inside is obviously still damp... its poop.... unless a high-definition photo can better indicate what it does...

After your scorp feeds, observe it for while.... When Hets or Emps poop, they will usually do it outside their burrow. Some like to do it in the water-bowl... If something white comes out at the base of the stinger (refer to anatomy) -

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/scorpion-guides-tutorials-f18/scorpion-anatomy-t36.htm

and its the same thing you saw... then its poop....

Razz

cheers, I sincerely hope it is Razz
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/25/2009, 12:00 pm

It didn't look like poop in the first pic, but would need a better quality picture.
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/25/2009, 12:02 pm

I think they might of been but i find it weird how i look under there hides everyday to check there ok and found that the males dug and theres a few there within 24 hours? I found another one over by the female earlier aswell
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/25/2009, 4:16 pm

try and get a better pic
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/25/2009, 5:15 pm

Wish i could, unfortunatly i just bunned them all in the bin as advised lol, the one i found over by the female is right where she was eating a locust the night before and is usually where she hides so it could well be she ate it, poop, i find it lol.

But that still wouldnt explain why i managed to find about 5 in one place by the male which i never noticed before, so either i kept missing them when i looked under the hide everyday, or they all popped up at once, im not 100% sure but from what i think i know scorpions dont poop that often either?

If i find more will try get a better picture
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/26/2009, 4:45 am

ok, no worries. was probably poop, but i was just going to see if it was something else. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gnat
Centruroides
Gnat

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/26/2009, 6:13 am

right after i got my emp, it pooped on my ex wifes hand, it was the first time she held it and the first and only time it pooped on any one, it was hilarious cause she freaked out, was also the only time ive ever seen it poop and i wasnt sure what was going on, stuck its tail straight out and bam! there it was
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectgeeks.com/gnat
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/26/2009, 9:59 am

Gnat wrote:
right after i got my emp, it pooped on my ex wifes hand, it was the first time she held it and the first and only time it pooped on any one, it was hilarious cause she freaked out, was also the only time ive ever seen it poop and i wasnt sure what was going on, stuck its tail straight out and bam! there it was

I have also yet to see my scorpions poop, also i have yet to see them drink! The water disappears so they are drinking but just wish i could get to see them alteast once lol
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/26/2009, 1:33 pm

i havn't seen mine drink since the day i got my first scorp.

They get a lot of their moisture from the prey items
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/26/2009, 1:52 pm

I've seen H. longimanus drink out of a water bowl . . . everything else I've seen just drink from water droplets after a misting -- off of themselves, the substrate, or the tank walls.
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/26/2009, 5:17 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
I've seen H. longimanus drink out of a water bowl . . . everything else I've seen just drink from water droplets after a misting -- off of themselves, the substrate, or the tank walls.

So basically chances are i wont see them drink? Well no worries if i don't, aslong as they are getting water then nothing to worry about Smile
Back to top Go down
diabollicallycursed
Babycurus
diabollicallycursed

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/26/2009, 8:43 pm

i've never seen my scorps poop and I've had them for over a year. I have however think I've seen my het .spin drink. She would dip her claws in the water then bring them to her face as if she was sucking the water off
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/26/2009, 9:45 pm

You probably will never see your scorps drink unless you're keeping the conditions too dry ... Then you might see them drinking. IIRC, I've only ever seen one of mine drink once.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty9/27/2009, 2:52 am

Looks like we've all gone completly off topic and just talking about scorpions drinking instead lol, but to add to it i never seen my fairly newesh T drink either
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions guarding some white rock things?   Scorpions guarding some white rock things? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorpions guarding some white rock things?
Page 1 of 1