The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Female not really doing alot

Go down 
+3
Mr. Mordax
Captain Dribsong
The-New-Guy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Female not really doing alot Empty
PostSubject: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/6/2009, 8:41 pm

Im slighty worried about my female, my male is extremly active compared to her, whenever shes outside of the hide shes just sitting in a corner not moving whilst the male seems to be doing olmypics trails around the edge over and over for hours, for the first time ever she refused food last night only eating the head off the locust lol.

I know that im not supposed to worry about them not eating but i think its my fault partly, i went to clean out the tank the other week (fly infestation) and i picked the hide up causing a considerable amount of cocoa fibre to pile ontop of her, a good few inches, i panicked abit and started digging away at the substrate and found her relitively quick, but i think i might of hurt her somehow digging the substrate off the top of her, it has been since that day that she hasnt been very active, she seems physically ok, all joints seem fine, if confronted she has no problem with her attack position tail raised claws up.

I cant help but think its my fault that i might of hurt her somehow, but it might just be her way now, she used to be fairly fiesty at everything before the male came along, he has seem to have put her in her place lol.
Back to top Go down
Captain Dribsong
Pandinus
Captain Dribsong

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/6/2009, 9:19 pm

I doubt the coco fiber injured her. I did the same thing by accident, with a potting soil-excavator clay mix. My emp was unfazed, aside from being a bit cranky afterwards. XD

It's possible that your female is gravid. Mine's acting the same way right now- she used to be as active as the male. Then they mated, she got a bit cranky, and for the past few days is quite lazy.

I could be wrong, but I think your female is fine.
Back to top Go down
http://dribsongsdomain.wordpress.com
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/6/2009, 9:44 pm

Mine are sub adults so not 100% on the gravid lol, although she is getting abit chubby, but yeah i hope she is fine thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/6/2009, 11:51 pm

She's fine.

Like you said, you're not supposed to worry -- so don't.
Back to top Go down
Slarky
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/7/2009, 1:34 am

Shes fine my female emp does the same thing while my male comes out every night to walk around.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/7/2009, 1:52 am

In my experience, female emps don't like to explor as much as males. I should think it is because the males are searching for a mate the majority of the time.
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/7/2009, 7:05 pm

Thanks this helps alot, just that i dag away the cocoa fibre with my tweezers i use to feed and i think i might of poked her a few times, but not hard enough to hurt her i couldnt think.

Yeah from what i can see my female just prefers hiding more than my male, i always thought its cause after they finished fighting the males the more dominant one as she always backs when he confronts her which isnt very often, i always just thought it might be him making sure like no ones gonna come along and steal his girl is why hes always walking around over and over or something lol Wink
Back to top Go down
Captain Dribsong
Pandinus
Captain Dribsong

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/7/2009, 11:42 pm

With my emp pair, the female's dominant, where the male rarely fights back.

When I first got them, they were poorly kept- in a small Kritter Keeper, half an inch of coco fiber, and a single cave hide. My male has a scar near his tail and the end of his left chela chipped off because they fought over space and food. Both are doing great now, and don't bicker nearly as often. When I saw them in the pet shop like that, I couldn't help bringing them home to spoil them. :p
Back to top Go down
http://dribsongsdomain.wordpress.com
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/8/2009, 8:12 am

collapsing a burrow isn't the worst thing in the world, they are capable of digging their own way out, and re-creating the burrow... nothing to feel bad about and no need to dig them up.
she is most likely completely fine, so yeah...don't worry.
these things thrive on neglect in a way, put food in, add water when needed, remove prey bits if possible, and let them do their thing and relax!
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/8/2009, 9:30 am

Mine never fight over food, i always make sure theres enough for both of them, but yeah chances are im just being paranoid im sure she is fine really, ill just leave them to do what they want.

My female USED to be dominant, i had her first then got the male, put male in, she used to run from him, then he used to run from her, then she used to run from him, and now there friends so its fine lol.

And yeah captain i know what you mean mine were in about the same, now there living it up in a 80x40x30cm fish tank lol
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/8/2009, 12:54 pm

Sorry, how old/big are they again? Because it could be that they have successfully mated and now, the reason that they fight is that she is defending herself from any possible threats.

Mine fought every now and again, and my male got a scar on his telson from the female. Once separated, he died a month or two after and about 4 months after she gave birth.
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/8/2009, 5:34 pm

Id say there about 4/4.5 inches, they're just over a year old as far as i know
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/9/2009, 1:34 am

And is the telson a redish brown colour?
Because they sound like adults to me and i think that might be what keeps re-occurring.
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/9/2009, 10:18 am

Telson is a sort of toffee colour, lightbrownish
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/9/2009, 12:55 pm

K, well basically in terms of telson colours;
white telson = juvenile
yellow telson = sub-adult
reddish or brownish = adult.

If it matches this and is an adult then what i said earlier on in the thread could be happening.
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/9/2009, 3:26 pm

Well i don't think there adult as i said, adult telsons i have seen are as you said red or brown, usually quite dark either way, heres a photo of the males snapped sting up close:

https://2img.net/h/i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/scorpion-newbie/DSC00245.jpg

I would imagen from what i know (which isnt that much so if im wrong dont blame me lol) that the colour shown in the pic isnt that of a adult telson
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/9/2009, 3:41 pm

I'm pretty sure she's an subadult.. I'm posotive.

Last edited by scorpion111 on 9/9/2009, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/9/2009, 3:42 pm

Really? News to me lol
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/9/2009, 3:45 pm

sorry, I meant subadult. the telson is too light a colour.. and she doesn't look very dark.
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty9/9/2009, 3:48 pm

Yeah i was thinking well i guess i really don't know anything then lol, and yeah they aint really, there really small compared to full adults i seen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female not really doing alot   Female not really doing alot Empty

Back to top Go down

Female not really doing alot
Page 1 of 1