The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

My spoiled brats ;D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Captain Dribsong
Pandinus

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: My spoiled brats ;D   9/5/2009, 11:18 pm

Pandinus imperator:

Maylene conquering her waterfall.

Maylene getting a drink:

Steppenwolf and Maylene's tank- left side. A toad hangs out near the water dish. It has since been eaten. Razz There is now a cave hide near the water bowl.

Maylene and Steppenwolf's tank- center. I have added two cave hides since taking this pic.

Maylene and Steppenwolf's tank- right side. Maylene is wandering over to her favorite corner.

Steppenwolf in a gator head. He kinda looks like he's waving. "Hi mommy!!!" Mommy's boy. awesome

Steppenwolf on my pillow. He has a scar close to his tail from a fight with Maylene. The pet shop where I got them had them in a small Kritter Keeper with one cave hide. Nuff said.

Steppenwolf under a black light.

Maylene and Steppenwolf mating. Maylene is under the plant on the left. Didn't wan't to disturb them, so a better pic wasn't possible. XD

Steppenwolf on my hand. "Ooh! Shiny object!"

Steppenwolf taking a nap in my palm. How cute. Very Happy

Centruoides sculpturatus:

Sheba conquering her pyamid in a temporary home. She now sleeps on top of bark.

Adrian and Bailey wandering around their temporary home. (Can't tell them apart, so naming is guesswork. XD)

Dusty and Julian in their temporary home.

Julian getting a drink.

Sheba taking a nap on her pyramid. And by "her" pyramid, I mean "hers." She has swatted the babies off with her tail before when they got too close... XD

Vaejovis puritanus:

Riley under a blacklight.

Anput, Riley, Alex, and Lucian huddled between some branches.

Leiurus quinquestriatus:

Selket under a blacklight.

Mathias (left) and Selket (right) in temporary containers. The battery near Selket gives you an idea how tiny they are.

Some little side notes...

The emps are in a 60-gallon tank. Spoiled brats. XD
The V. puri's are in a 25, and the C. sculps are in a 10. The LQs are in a double-tank designed for bettas. They have a divider between them, and can't see through it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dribsongsdomain.wordpress.com
binksyboy3
Androctonus

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: My spoiled brats ;D   9/6/2009, 5:12 am

Nice little collection you have there. The only two thing i will say is that you might want to have a think about changing your emp substrate to coco fibre or unfertilized poting soil.
And secondly, I assume you removed the pyramid ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Dribsong
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My spoiled brats ;D   9/6/2009, 10:02 am

The pyramid is gone, and cork bark is there in its place. For the emps, I use a mix of potting soil and excavator clay.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: My spoiled brats ;D   9/6/2009, 11:25 am

Ok, that's fine then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: My spoiled brats ;D   9/7/2009, 9:00 am

i am liking your scorps! and the pyramid was ace, pity it isn't in there!
substrate looks/sounds fine to me...tbh your set ups are beautiful, and your scorps seem active and healthy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Dribsong
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My spoiled brats ;D   9/7/2009, 11:52 pm

The pyramid was actually intended for my LQs once they mature and will (hopefully) get along in the same tank. I figured it would make some neat pics in a temporary setup. Still need to get pics of the new setups here.

The 60-gal tank was actually in soeone's trash. Pity, it makes a great home for the emps now! They deserve it after being cramped up in the petshop.
Back to top Go down
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: My spoiled brats ;D   9/8/2009, 7:49 am

i don't know that LQ's live together so well...then again someone's bound to have tried it and can tell you better, but i've not heard of them tolerating each other before.
however i know of one person who kept A australis communally, had them die AFTER separating, as in they suddenly took turns for the worse post separation and died...quite odd!

at any rate you have inspired me lol one day when space isn't an issue i will see about getting some bits of decor like that with strategic viewing bits cut out, and maybe put my more arboreal species in there (granted that's just E flavicaudis but still, would be awesome!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bjaeger
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: My spoiled brats ;D   9/8/2009, 12:22 pm

Nice setups. That pyramid is rockin! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/brandonjaeger
Captain Dribsong
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My spoiled brats ;D   9/9/2009, 9:17 pm

corpselight wrote:
i don't know that LQ's live together so well...then again someone's bound to have tried it and can tell you better, but i've not heard of them tolerating each other before.
however i know of one person who kept A australis communally, had them die AFTER separating, as in they suddenly took turns for the worse post separation and died...quite odd!

at any rate you have inspired me lol one day when space isn't an issue i will see about getting some bits of decor like that with strategic viewing bits cut out, and maybe put my more arboreal species in there (granted that's just E flavicaudis but still, would be awesome!)

They will probably fight to the death if I put them together now- they're only 2nd instar. Adults are more likely to get along. Once they mature I'll wait till I have a day or two off and try putting them together. That way if they fight, I can *carefully* separate them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My spoiled brats ;D   

Back to top Go down

My spoiled brats ;D
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1