The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Opistophthalmus boehmi caresheet ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Opistophthalmus boehmi caresheet ? Empty
PostSubject: Opistophthalmus boehmi caresheet ?   Opistophthalmus boehmi caresheet ? Empty8/17/2009, 8:30 pm

I'm getting some Opistophthalmus boehmi soon and I have been looking for a caresheet.What I have found out for now is that they should be kept on dry substrate with humidity around 60-70% and about 75-85 F with a waterdish. Is that correct ? How often should I mist or is it better to wet a corner to raise the humidity when needed.
I'm thinking of using humus and sand (2-1) as substrate.Wet it good and let is dry out before the scorp get in.Is that ok or is there something better to use ?
Also,is there some who have tried to breed them that have some experience they would share.It would be appreciated.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

PostSubject: Re: Opistophthalmus boehmi caresheet ?   Opistophthalmus boehmi caresheet ? Empty8/20/2009, 12:02 pm

Is there really nobody who have experience with them or maybe just Opistophthalmus sp. Neutral Neutral
My biggest problem is with the substrate.How wet it should be at all time or how the best way to raise humidity.
I'm getting both sexes so if anyone have some advise about breeding them,please share Smile

Regards Richardt
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Opistophthalmus boehmi caresheet ?   Opistophthalmus boehmi caresheet ? Empty8/20/2009, 12:38 pm

Richardt you loony why havent you pmed me on EI?

keep it dry, water bowl and spray a corner in the tank onces a week..
Back to top Go down
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

PostSubject: Re: Opistophthalmus boehmi caresheet ?   Opistophthalmus boehmi caresheet ? Empty8/20/2009, 1:39 pm

Hehe yeah I should have.Sorry for that kejser.
And thanks for info.
Have you tried to breed them ? I have read it should be diffecult but not in what way.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opistophthalmus boehmi caresheet ?   Opistophthalmus boehmi caresheet ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Opistophthalmus boehmi caresheet ?
Page 1 of 1