The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy

Go down 
+3
HyourinMaru
*Connie*
Rideon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty7/30/2009, 10:46 pm

yeah my petersii s'lings are so crowded on mums back i cant even count, managed to count 15 on one side of her so hopefully about 23-30 awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty7/30/2009, 10:52 pm

good luck then... hope you get more than u expected...
im shocked by my baby.. giving birth for 3days
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty7/30/2009, 10:54 pm

maybe shes just puting it off like house work lol, mind u if shes fartin out 2 pups at once like u thought u saw that must beat it out of u a bit and she might be taking breaks, there been any loud banging or drums or anything like that that could frighten her at all cause if she gets startled she stops birthing till she reckons its safe then resumes
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty7/31/2009, 2:58 am

well my het female took about 2-3 days and in total she had 42 babies.
So I take it more in the brood, the more time it takes for them all to come out.
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
HyourinMaru
Pandinus
HyourinMaru

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty7/31/2009, 6:24 am

Is it true that when the female is gravid,the more u feed the more the brood?
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty7/31/2009, 6:54 am

i assume there is a limit to how many s'lings her ovariuterus can accomodate but how well fed she is does have an effect it means she is less likely to reabsorb an embryo because of hunger, but temperature, stress levels etc are also crucial factors in how well the brood develops and of course after birth u have to get all this right if u want the s'lings to survive
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty7/31/2009, 8:02 am

well i did play some music yesterday.. mayb thats the cause she eat one of her children...
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty7/31/2009, 8:04 am

possibly, im keepin noise to a minimum that means no loud tv no loud music and my bro cant play drums till the kids leave mum (YES!) cause im not loosing this brood no way! lol
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty7/31/2009, 8:18 am

same here bro.. im not loosing this brood.. i accidentally knock the table of the enclosure and she stunned and one of the babies that she was delivering dropped to the floor.. im not going to do anything... cant stress the mother again.... all i can hope is that the baby can manage it self...
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty7/31/2009, 9:39 am

Oh dear. why were you so close to the tank to knock it?!? I thought you said you were gonna leave her alone.
Well whats done is done. That one is sadly done for as wont be able to crawl onto her back.

Just stand back for a week and let her do her thing okies Very Happy

xxxx
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty7/31/2009, 9:59 am

*Connie* wrote:
Oh dear. why were you so close to the tank to knock it?!? I thought you said you were gonna leave her alone.
Well whats done is done. That one is sadly done for as wont be able to crawl onto her back.

Just stand back for a week and let her do her thing okies Very Happy

xxxx

+1
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty7/31/2009, 10:10 am

yeah like what connie n mordax said you should leave the tank alone as much as possible, i know it sounds obvious lol but thats what killed my first brood of emperors cause i kept poking my head in the tank every day, daft i know lol but i also think that they may have been under developed and hte mother maybe be quite old
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty7/31/2009, 10:16 am

sorry ... the tank is located with my other inverts.. was checking on the others and accidently knock it... didnt do much.. now i leave it.. jst have to leave it.. silly me..
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty8/4/2009, 12:04 am

had a peek at her just now.. and i presume the babies will start to molt in a weeks time.. It has turn brown-ish color.. so just a few more days...
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty8/4/2009, 2:57 am

its like a pot waiting to boil eh Smile
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty8/4/2009, 8:01 am

Rideon wrote:
had a peek at her just now.. and i presume the babies will start to molt in a weeks time.. It has turn brown-ish color.. so just a few more days...

The babies turn brown before they molt?

How long does it usually take for forest scorps to moult to second instar its been 8 days since mines were born
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty8/4/2009, 11:15 am

dunno... mine just turn brownish color.. light brown...
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty8/4/2009, 11:49 am

hmmmm wierd, mines havent done that yet
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty8/5/2009, 12:47 am

WEEEEEE!!! they have molted to 2nd instar... they are bigger now... can see the exoskeleton on the mother's back... they still cling onto mother though... pic will be taken as soon as she come out for a pose...
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty8/5/2009, 6:24 am

nice one mate they should start wandering now, u gonna keep them with mum or u gonna snatch them up as soon as u can?
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty8/5/2009, 7:23 am

i have a little experiment. Some will b left with mum and the rest i shall snatch them from their mama...
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty8/5/2009, 7:25 am

hmmm no bad, unfortunately i cant leave the babies with mum cause ive got the male in a kritter keeper and he ainth appy about it plus the tank isnt exactly escape proof for hte wee ones lol
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty8/5/2009, 9:50 am

lol... i've remove all the males away from her before she even started giving birth.. still waiting for the other female to give birth... mayb another month or so..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2