The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Question for the community: Scorpion experiments

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Question for the community: Scorpion experiments Empty
PostSubject: Question for the community: Scorpion experiments   Question for the community: Scorpion experiments Empty3/7/2008, 6:49 pm

I just want to get 'your' thoughts on the topic:

Is it alright for a non-scientist to do scientific experiments on their scorpions?

ie: does constant UV damage or kill a scorp, so you put it in a tank with no hides and constant UV to 'see' if it will. or things like that.

I am of the opinion NO! and to Quote Gandalf the Grey- "He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." applies to this, but what are 'your' thoughts. and is there a grey area or is it black and white.
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Question for the community: Scorpion experiments   Question for the community: Scorpion experiments Empty3/7/2008, 7:00 pm

I think it is all personal opinion, but if it benefits others, especially other scorpions than I think the benefits outway the costs.

With the example of UV exposure. Many people want to know the effects. There has been some research done but know one truely knows to what extent the damage is. If it turns out to be damaging or causes death, then will people know it is a really bad thing. Just make sure whatever the result you let us know so we are aware of the outcome.

-Dustin
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Question for the community: Scorpion experiments   Question for the community: Scorpion experiments Empty3/7/2008, 8:07 pm

I'm not for killing specimens but the only experiments I do are usually temp changes. For example if you have P.imps and H.spinifers living comunally they will all share a hide assuming there is a heat source and hide in the same area. Take away the heat and the species split up. Add heat but move the hide away from it and the P.imps will choose to stay in the heat while the spinifers go towards the hide. Little things like that or on already dead specimens.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for the community: Scorpion experiments   Question for the community: Scorpion experiments Empty

Back to top Go down

Question for the community: Scorpion experiments
Page 1 of 1