The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gramps
Centruroides

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such Empty
PostSubject: Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such   Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such Empty7/19/2009, 4:47 pm

what is the venom on a Tityus paraensis like??
and care and such im new to the forum and hope i have posted this in the right place cyclops
thanks pics welcom

p.s is this a ok species for a beginner??
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lilgrandad
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such   Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such Empty7/19/2009, 7:42 pm

I wouldn't consider any Tityus spp. "beginner" scorps, as the genus has pretty potent venom and they're not as simple to rear as something like an emp would be.

Anywho, the sting is probably pretty bad considering the genus, though this species isn't listed as being "medically significant" -- meaning human deaths are rare if they occur at all.

And this species is also damn near impossible to find in the hobby.
Back to top Go down
gramps
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such   Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such Empty7/21/2009, 1:41 pm

i wouldnt consider myself a beginer i ve owned emps , asian forests, i also work with them i think i could probably get these orderd Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such   Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such Empty7/22/2009, 1:29 am

I never said you were a beginner. You implied it. Razz

gramps wrote:
p.s is this a ok species for a beginner??
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such   Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such Empty7/22/2009, 1:46 am

gramps wrote:
i wouldnt consider myself a beginer i ve owned emps , asian forests, i also work with them i think i could probably get these orderd Smile

Well listen mate.. it all depends on who you are as a person.. if your a babbling idiot that wants to handle LQs while rubbing them all over your body, you shouldnt get a "hot" scorpion, but if you know what your doing and do take precautions when you stick your hand inside the tank of the scorps then i whouldnt be so worried about having a "hot" speices in the house.. well small kids and tanks where the scorps can escape are ofcause factors you need to take in mind allso..

a mate of mine looked at me oddly the orther day because i just stuck my bare hand into a tank with 6 H.cyaneus and started to lift bark and stuff to check if they all was still there.. he thougt i was made because i chouldnt see anything down there because of plants and stuff..
but i only use my hands with scorps i know how they react and stuff, now on the orther side when i open my tank containing a Nebo sp. i use tongs all the way.. lifting bark and stuff.. not taking any chances..

If you can see abit of logic in what iam saying i say bloody go for it mate and go try not a new sp.. allways good to read up first so you know what to do and stuff but go for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such   Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such Empty7/22/2009, 3:13 am

your in the UK, unless you have a DWA you won't be able to legally import this species anyway.
Back to top Go down
gramps
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such   Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such Empty7/22/2009, 3:33 am

are gutted:( looks like until i can get a dwa ill be keeping various pandius and such:) clown
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such   Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such Empty7/22/2009, 11:34 am

Yeah, I was about to mention that -- I just realized it when I saw the thread pop up again this morning.
Back to top Go down
gramps
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such   Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such Empty7/22/2009, 11:48 am

oh well just need to grow up and get my own house me mum doesnt mind"cold" scorpions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such   Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such Empty

Back to top Go down

Tityus paraensis ??? venom and such
Page 1 of 1