The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Centruroides sp.(hentzi)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Azreal
Hadogenes
Azreal

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Centruroides sp.(hentzi) Empty
PostSubject: Centruroides sp.(hentzi)   Centruroides sp.(hentzi) Empty7/14/2009, 10:44 am

I read something about them needing a winter dormancy period can anyone shed some light on what I should do and if this is true? I will post a couple picks of them in a bit in the pics forum.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
Hadogenes
Azreal

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides sp.(hentzi)   Centruroides sp.(hentzi) Empty7/15/2009, 1:54 pm

Haha I guess no one has an answer for that. Do scorpions generally live for 4 to 5 years or do emperors have a longer than most lifespan?
Back to top Go down
Nacademus
Pandinus
Nacademus

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides sp.(hentzi)   Centruroides sp.(hentzi) Empty7/15/2009, 3:07 pm

If you keep them cool, but within their temperature zone, they'll live longer than if you kept them at the warmer end of their comfort zone. They are cold blooded. To metabolize quicker, they need to be warmer. I have heard of scorpions living for 15-20 years. I don't remember the species, but i do remember that it was a cooler climate species. Be sure to research them fully and offer them the best life that you possibly can.

If you stress them (i.e. handle them a lot, feed them too little or too much, keep them in adverse living conditions, or feed them lime jello) they will die much earlier than nature had expected them to.

Emps typically live between 5 and 8 years.

Every species is different, depending on their habitat, diets, habitatual stress level, and whether or not they are allergic to lime jello.

The best question to ask would be-

Of everyone on this forum, what are the species and approximate ages they are, or ages they were when they had expired?

I'll start:
P. Imperator- expired at approx 2 years of age (had fungal infection of the skin causing a bad molt)
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides sp.(hentzi)   Centruroides sp.(hentzi) Empty7/15/2009, 3:10 pm

the average for emperors and most scorpions of similar size are 4 - 5 years for males and 5 -7+ for females.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides sp.(hentzi)   Centruroides sp.(hentzi) Empty7/16/2009, 12:03 am

Ask RedKnee. He's not on often, but he made a bunch of posts recently, and he's our forum expert on Centruroides hentzi.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
Hadogenes
Azreal

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides sp.(hentzi)   Centruroides sp.(hentzi) Empty7/16/2009, 12:06 am

yea I talked to him about them today Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides sp.(hentzi)   Centruroides sp.(hentzi) Empty

Back to top Go down

Centruroides sp.(hentzi)
Page 1 of 1