The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi Empty
PostSubject: I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi   I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi Empty6/30/2009, 10:06 am

Last year bought 3 Caraboctonus keyserlingi. One believed to be the only male as females normally burrow and hide while the males wonder around.
Well the past few days Ive been watching my one and ONLY Caraboctonus keyserlingi make and dig a massive tunnel beside the glass. Been watching the progress, even think MAYBE she is gravid...but would be a real push since the male died last year and never saw any mating and was never big when bought.

ANYHOO!

Im looking at this tunnel (bottom left) and she has stopped...and I see something poking out from under the (flat and shallow) water dish (surface, far right)....CHELA!
The other one is still alive!!!

The mystery was this, one female camped out under the water dish while the other made a home under some slate. The slate burrow vanished. I presumed moved on...but after careful looking for a long time, realised that maybe the other one had perished...only to now discover 2...

Ok! they might find each other and battle to the death when they meet in this tunnel! but im pleased to know that I have had, all this time 2...and I need to feed tonight as for months only been putting in one cricket!!!!!

Very happy woman! awesome
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi   I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi Empty6/30/2009, 10:34 am

wow thats excellent. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi   I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi Empty6/30/2009, 5:24 pm

Im going to feed them tonight! I bet one must be starving teehee
Hidden, secret scorpion!
Back to top Go down
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi   I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi Empty7/1/2009, 11:53 am

wow nice surprise Connie! happy for ya!
i still have two as well, one is definitely female as it dropped late last year (came to me gravid). sadly all slings died though Sad mould for some reason took over!
but it is nice to are still going, though i've not been brave enough to house together.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi   I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi Empty7/2/2009, 3:43 am

Well I did buy three all together but the male was old as slowing down when walking around...and then he was eaten. I presume he died and then was eaten.
I then thought one of the females vanished...not seen her at all and only thought I had one...well nope, she was just clearly very good at hiding and tricking me!

I presume they are both females due to their "natures" but no solid evidence. To be honest it doesnt bother me really that I dont know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi   I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi Empty

Back to top Go down

I actually have 2 Caraboctonus keyserlingi
Page 1 of 1