The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Am I forgetting anything?

Go down 
+3
LadyRiotControl
scorpion111
Noctrnl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Noctrnl
Hadogenes
Noctrnl

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Am I forgetting anything? Empty
PostSubject: Am I forgetting anything?   Am I forgetting anything? Empty6/29/2009, 2:57 pm

Decided to get 2 Pandinus imperator and 2 Heterometrus longimanus. I have read a lot of what you guys/gals have written and I have found care sheets for both. And they require the same humidity levels and the temp overlaps with each other, 75-85 emperor, and 75-90 Asian forest. I have a check sheet going on all the items I'll need to make this a success. This is what I have thought of so far.

Tank - Have a 30gal. tank with hood light
coco fiber
hides,decor
heat pad(s)
thermometer/hygrometer
Temp controller
crickets
cricket nutrients/food
tank divider(s)- will they co-exists without the divider if given enough hides? My guess is it's not recommended.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Am I forgetting anything?   Am I forgetting anything? Empty6/29/2009, 2:58 pm

looks pretty solid, but if the thermometers/hydrometers you were going to get were those little dial gauges, don't bother. they don't work. as long as the substrate is moist, your fine.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Am I forgetting anything?   Am I forgetting anything? Empty6/29/2009, 3:22 pm

yeah if you are going to get a hygrometer... get a digital one.

I wouldn't try putting them all together. People have had success integrating different humid sp. together but it's not worth the risk.
Back to top Go down
Noctrnl
Hadogenes
Noctrnl

PostSubject: Re: Am I forgetting anything?   Am I forgetting anything? Empty6/29/2009, 3:30 pm

I'm planning on getting this
http://www.blackjungle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PT-2470&Category_Code=G&Store_Code=BJTS
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Am I forgetting anything?   Am I forgetting anything? Empty6/29/2009, 3:51 pm

that should do the trick
Back to top Go down
Noctrnl
Hadogenes
Noctrnl

PostSubject: Re: Am I forgetting anything?   Am I forgetting anything? Empty6/29/2009, 9:36 pm

Thank you
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Am I forgetting anything?   Am I forgetting anything? Empty6/29/2009, 11:24 pm

Most of the time tank dividers don't really work they usually find someway around them. I've kept these species together with no problems but some people have had problems in the past. I recommend you save your money and don't bother with the hygrometer it's really not that neccessary. As long as the substrate is moist to the touch your good.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Am I forgetting anything?   Am I forgetting anything? Empty6/30/2009, 3:09 am

Yeah I dont have any digi things in my tank. I go by look and feel
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Am I forgetting anything?   Am I forgetting anything? Empty6/30/2009, 5:50 am

You could always skip the hygrometre if you need a thermometre try using the little thermometres u get from aquatic shops that come in glass vials with a sucker at t he top and some lead balls at the bottom theyre for tropical aquariums but i use them for my Emperor and Forest scorp tanks and they work great.

http://www.whartonnetimpact.org/b2b/pics/Aquarium_Thermometers.jpg thats them in the middle dont know how much they would cost in America but over here they're only £2ish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
Noctrnl
Hadogenes
Noctrnl

PostSubject: Re: Am I forgetting anything?   Am I forgetting anything? Empty6/30/2009, 10:18 am

That link isn't working but I know what you're talking about. And they are cheap. There is one of those "strip" thermometers that you stick on the side of a tank. It seems accurate.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Am I forgetting anything?   Am I forgetting anything? Empty6/30/2009, 10:44 am

Don't use the hood light unless you have live plants (which may get dug up by burrowing).

Make sure you put the heat pads on the side and not the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Noctrnl
Hadogenes
Noctrnl

PostSubject: Re: Am I forgetting anything?   Am I forgetting anything? Empty6/30/2009, 1:21 pm

Yeah I've read about the heat pad placement. Makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I forgetting anything?   Am I forgetting anything? Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I forgetting anything?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpions In General-
Jump to: