The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Separation Anxiety?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Separation Anxiety? Empty
PostSubject: Separation Anxiety?   Separation Anxiety? Empty6/25/2009, 10:39 am

Hey people,

I have a quick question about feeding time with the mommy emp and baby emps.

It seems liek every time i try and feed the mom she tends to just give it all to the baby... im not even quite sure if the moms eating or not.. There is approx. 10 babies remaining but how much do these little guys eat???? Literally this past week i put in 7 large crickets, and all gone, not sure if the mom is eating bc its skinny.. usually she gets plumped on her sides after 2 nice juicy meaty crickets..

Hmmm this makes me want to seperate the babies and mom bc the mom seems stressed out by feeding the babies and not really eating for herself.

My main concern is if its FINE to separate the scorplings with the mom.?? i sorta feel bad if i do bc they seem realy happy with the mom , BUT the mom seems stressed the hell out.... Question

Let me know. thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Separation Anxiety?   Separation Anxiety? Empty6/25/2009, 11:45 am

If they are more than 2-3 weeks old then yeh it will be fine to separate them.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Separation Anxiety?   Separation Anxiety? Empty6/25/2009, 3:09 pm

Why would she be stressed out caring for her brood?
My het female spent weeks just feeding her young and then when she was hungry she ate a locust.
They dont have to be removed from mum. I kept my hets in with mum until 3I but would have made it longer but she randomly died.
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Separation Anxiety?   Separation Anxiety? Empty6/25/2009, 9:58 pm

When two crickets made her plump up, was she still gravid? Some scorps take quite a while to put the weight back on after having a brood. Besides that, see the piece of advice in my signature about emps. Wink

And separating or keeping together makes little difference. They're all just bugs when you get down to it.
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

PostSubject: Re: Separation Anxiety?   Separation Anxiety? Empty6/26/2009, 12:19 pm

*Connie* wrote:
Why would she be stressed out caring for her brood?
My het female spent weeks just feeding her young and then when she was hungry she ate a locust.
They dont have to be removed from mum. I kept my hets in with mum until 3I but would have made it longer but she randomly died.

No, i just thought maybe she was stressed because she wasnt eating and only feeding her broods...
i just think TOO much when it comes to my scorps. I want it to live a long, healthy and comfortable life. thats all~ Smile
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

PostSubject: Re: Separation Anxiety?   Separation Anxiety? Empty6/26/2009, 12:22 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
When two crickets made her plump up, was she still gravid? Some scorps take quite a while to put the weight back on after having a brood. Besides that, see the piece of advice in my signature about emps. Wink

And separating or keeping together makes little difference. They're all just bugs when you get down to it.

Ohh...She was gravid.... Suspect i forgot.. lols Neutral

Hmm, it should be okay then!

Thanks , cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Separation Anxiety?   Separation Anxiety? Empty

Back to top Go down

Separation Anxiety?
Page 1 of 1