The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!


 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 
 

 My G. rosea is super agressive.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EWom
Hadogenes


Number of posts : 62
Age : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: My G. rosea is super agressive.   6/1/2009, 4:48 pm

Just thought I'd tell people, that just because most G. rosea are said to docile, and the best "handling" T,
as with emps in the scorpion world, doesn't mean always.

I got mine at a local pet store, and have had it for about 6 months. I have no idea how it was treated at the pet store,
but I choose that store, because I know the owner and he seems to really care about his animals.

Anyway, it's probably one of the most aggressive T's I've seen IRL. A few examples:

I was pouring water into it's water dish, and it ran across from the other side of the tank, got into "threat stance" and started lashing
out at the stream of water.

Any time I reach my hand in the tank for anything (remove the water dish for cleaning, remove live prey, etc)
it gets up into the threat stance.

I've also seen it bite crickets, kill them, and leave them.


It just seems to be an ill tempered creature. Which is fine by me, I did not buy a tarantula cause I thought it was
going to be an 8 legged kitten, I bought one because I enjoy watching at tarantulas.

I just figured this may help someone, who is deciding whether or not they should get a rosie, just because "they can be handled".
Which may be true, but certainly not for all of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpion111
Post-whore
avatar

Number of posts : 3455
Age : 22
Location : scotland
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: My G. rosea is super agressive.   6/1/2009, 5:07 pm

lol, mine turned mega ultra super psyco when I was removing a sac. it has since camed down though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
avatar

Number of posts : 2631
Age : 38
Location : West Yorkshire, England
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: My G. rosea is super agressive.   6/1/2009, 8:33 pm

no two tarantula's are the same. I have read many threads whereby 95% of G.rosea's are docile and the other 5% are mental.

So long as you have right conditions I dont think there will be any problem with it. Just one of those things

how big is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 7743
Age : 31
Location : PNW
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My G. rosea is super agressive.   6/1/2009, 11:17 pm

Premolt by any chance?

_________________
If your emperor scorpion stops eating, don't panic.
Be nice -- you were a noob once, too
"Never ask an engineer to explain something, because he will."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EWom
Hadogenes


Number of posts : 62
Age : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: My G. rosea is super agressive.   6/2/2009, 12:36 am

No idea how old it is, but I've had it for about 6 months, and it's been crazy the whole time.

Like I said, I don't really care if I can handle it or not. Just like I have one emp I can easily handle and one I can't. I don't get them with the specific intention of handling them, but if they allow then great, if not, then also great.

I just thought I'd post my example, to show that not every G. rosea you buy is going to be a docile, cuddly, lil' spider.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My G. rosea is super agressive.   

Back to top Go down
 
My G. rosea is super agressive.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Robbie Super Spaniel (Norwich)
» Gammostola rosea (Mona Lisa, lol )
» Grammostola rosea is his life almost over
» just got a G. rosea
» My Gramastola rosea

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: Other Pets :: Tarantulas, Spiders, and Other Arachnids-
Jump to: