The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

dwa reforms

Go down 
+2
binksyboy3
mrflibble
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mrflibble
Centruroides
mrflibble

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2008-11-29

dwa reforms Empty
PostSubject: dwa reforms   dwa reforms Empty5/21/2009, 1:19 pm

dont know whether you were aware but apparently the laws on keeping "dangerous wild animals" are about to become that little bit less restrictive
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5281880/Keeping-dangerous-pets-at-home-to-be-made-easier-under-new-plans.html
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

dwa reforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: dwa reforms   dwa reforms Empty5/21/2009, 1:47 pm

I'm good pals with mark amey.
I go to his shop and see him every few weeks.
Back to top Go down
mrflibble
Centruroides
mrflibble

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2008-11-29

dwa reforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: dwa reforms   dwa reforms Empty5/21/2009, 2:16 pm

imho i think they have the wrong idea with having a general lessening in the restrictiveness of the act, i think that a tiered system would be best with most of the less dangerous scorpions being simple and cheap to get licenses for, with increasing restrictions for more dangerous animals.
and animal welfare should be covered separately to avoid overlap with animals which dont really require it such as inverts
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

dwa reforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: dwa reforms   dwa reforms Empty5/21/2009, 3:58 pm

Just so that you know, mark's snake was voldemorts snake in harry potter III and his animals and inverts have been used in plenty of films such as nanny mcphee, the harry potters and i'm a celebrity get me out of here. (tv programme).
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

dwa reforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: dwa reforms   dwa reforms Empty5/21/2009, 4:01 pm

hopefully they will take some scorpions of the list. I need to say though, I don't like the fact that regular folk who think it would be "cool" to have a black mamba then get tired of it and do something stupid with it, or worse, and don't know how to look after the animals properly.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

dwa reforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: dwa reforms   dwa reforms Empty5/21/2009, 5:43 pm

scorpion111 wrote:
hopefully they will take some scorpions of the list. I need to say though, I don't like the fact that regular folk who think it would be "cool" to have a black mamba then get tired of it and do something stupid with it, or worse, and don't know how to look after the animals properly.

Well if a stupid person gets a mamba, gets bitten and dies its Darwins way of making sure that stupid gens doesnt multipy futher then they need to and what about all the hamsters and orther animals that doesnt get the right care they need? its fairly easier to take care of a emp then a hamster..
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

dwa reforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: dwa reforms   dwa reforms Empty5/21/2009, 7:02 pm

What i think they should do with this liscense it have different prices depending on what animal you were gonna keep nad how many rather than where you live for example a DWA liscence for a Leopard for example should be a few hundred quid per animal but like for scorps it should only be like £20-30 per animal.

And i think they should keep the mandatory inspections cuase its not just about animal welfare although it is important its also about the condition of the enclosures and other peoples safety, you dont want to inspect someones leopard enclosure every 2 years only to find that the fence has rusted to the point of collapse 18 months after an inspection and the animal gets out and munches someone.

So basically have the cost of the liscense dependant on what sort of animal you keep and how many and keep the regular inspections to ensure proper housing conditions and regulations are met.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
EWom
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-23

dwa reforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: dwa reforms   dwa reforms Empty5/22/2009, 2:26 am

Kejser wrote:
scorpion111 wrote:

Well if a stupid person gets a mamba, gets bitten and dies its Darwins way of making sure that stupid gens doesnt multipy futher then they need to and what about all the hamsters and orther animals that doesnt get the right care they need? its fairly easier to take care of a emp then a hamster..

The biggest problem with that, is that if someone gets a mamba, doesn't know how to care for it or house it; and someone else gets killed.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

dwa reforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: dwa reforms   dwa reforms Empty5/22/2009, 3:38 am

EWom wrote:
Kejser wrote:
scorpion111 wrote:

The biggest problem with that, is that if someone gets a mamba, doesn't know how to care for it or house it; and someone else gets killed.

Did you know its legal to have stuff like that in Germany? and do you think they have big problems with orther ppl getting killed by mambas and stuff like that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dwa reforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: dwa reforms   dwa reforms Empty

Back to top Go down

dwa reforms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpions In General-
Jump to: