The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rafiqos
Centruroides
rafiqos

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty
PostSubject: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty5/19/2009, 2:52 am

Here are some pictures of my little critters I'd love to share.

1. My faithful old friend, Paris. He's been with me close to 2 years now. This Indonesian Blue Tongue is strong as a bull. My girlfriend named him Paris (poor thing) in hopes of having a female, it turned out differently. Smile

Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) 2673819063_7ec2060bf9

2. Lizzie, the mother of my first brood of babies. She's an Irian Jaya Blue Tongue. Shared the breeding with my best friend Alvin and he deserves all the credits.

Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) 3152624226_e24a56be17

3. The babies. These little monsters are devils with more bite power than one expects. Born on 18th February 2009, they are 3 months old now.

Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) 3309415562_15a86df97f

Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) 3308557359_775a29137c

I hope you'll enjoy my pictures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/rafiqos
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty5/19/2009, 4:23 am

Very pretty! How many babies did they have?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty5/19/2009, 10:10 am

Aww! I love Blueys. Very Happy Lori and I have one named Spitfire 'cause he hissed so much when he was little. I have no idea what species he is. We got him as a baby sometime last year . . . I forget when. He grew FAST!

And hey, Paris was a guy's name in Greek Mythology . . . he was quite smooth with the ladies, too. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lester
Tityus
Lester

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty5/19/2009, 10:24 am

hi raq ... cool ..didn't knw u keep blue t too ...

pretty little devils!!!!!
Back to top Go down
rafiqos
Centruroides
rafiqos

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty5/19/2009, 8:24 pm

Lizzie mated with the male belonging Alvin and they had 5 babies. It's her first brood. They tend to hiss more at this age, but will mellow down after a few more months.

Paris, is the macho skink in the family. Tough like a rock and has a mind of his own. He hates being handled but will sit with you for 2 minutes before wandering away. I'm pretty sure he'll be smooth with the ladies, but not gentle. Lol!

Post up some pics of your skinker Mike. I'll help with IDing it.

Thanks Kuma and Lester. You guys should also try your hands at blueys. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty5/19/2009, 11:39 pm

Lori probably remembers what species he is, but here's a shot of Spitfire anyway. Very Happy

link to gallery

She took most of those pics, but a couple were mine.
Back to top Go down
rafiqos
Centruroides
rafiqos

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty5/20/2009, 12:18 am

It does look like an Irian Jaya blue tongue to me Mike.

But just to check, does the tongue have an even cobalt blue colour from tip to end? Or does is start with a pinkish tone inside and and gradually end with a cobalt blue tip?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty5/20/2009, 12:29 am

Yep, he's totally blue!

So he's an Irian Jaya then? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rafiqos
Centruroides
rafiqos

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty5/20/2009, 12:40 am

Yeap. I would think so. Though there are some mutt skinks running about..these guys posses a mix of defining characteristics and will be difficult to really ID. But your's is more likely an Irian. Smile
Back to top Go down
gramps
Centruroides

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty7/22/2009, 5:01 am

i love blue tongue skinks, im going to stay with my auntie in australia when im 16 so hopefully ill have a hands on experience with the wild ones, and ncourage my auntie to make the garden more lizard freindly:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lilgrandad
rafiqos
Centruroides
rafiqos

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty7/23/2009, 12:05 am

Lovely idea gramps. There are plenty of keepers who actually encourage outdoor skink friendly gardens. Would love to see pictures of what you'll have there once you get there. Blueys are just about the best lizards in the world. A very personal POV. Razz

Btw, updates - I may be taking in another male Indonesian Blue Tongue Skink (Tiliqua gigas gigas) in the coming month. The current owner is facing trouble keeping up with time at work and will let me babysit until things are better. Will post more pics when I get him!
Back to top Go down
gramps
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty7/23/2009, 5:13 am

i sadly dont have the room as being the eldest and male(my sexist mother)
i carnt house somthing that big so i have to stick with scorps or geckos:)
the time will come though when i have my own house Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty7/23/2009, 10:24 am

Hang in there. My mom severely restricted how much and what I could keep when I was growing up (usually a few mantids or a small lizard). When you move out you can keep whatever you want. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gramps
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty7/23/2009, 4:37 pm

thats the plan matey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)   Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Blue Tongue Skinks (Tiliqua sp.)
Page 1 of 1