The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol

Go down 
+6
Kejser
Kuma
AshMashMash
Lester
Unfamiliar
LadyRiotControl
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty
PostSubject: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/13/2009, 8:23 pm

I wish she would chuffing drop these babies, the waiting is killing me!

S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol T189A2SCORPION
S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol T189A2SCORPION1
Back to top Go down
Unfamiliar
Hadogenes
Unfamiliar

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/13/2009, 8:53 pm

I assume the cord on the metasoma (is that the right word for back?!) is more visible in a gravid scorp than a molting scorp?
Back to top Go down
Lester
Tityus
Lester

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/13/2009, 9:20 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
AshMashMash
Babycurus
AshMashMash

Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 3:17 am

Looking awesome Lisa! You'll have to inform me of the dates and timings and whatnot of when she pops Smile
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 5:23 am

Good luck! Anytime now!
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 7:27 am

Unfamiliar wrote:
I assume the cord on the metasoma (is that the right word for back?!) is more visible in a gravid scorp than a molting scorp?

I think its mesosoma, metasome is the tail bit. anyone correct me if i'm wrong by all means.

cord: usually yes, although some paler scorpions have it pretty visible to start off with.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 7:29 am

Unfamiliar wrote:

i allways remeber it like this, Metasoma is for tail.. Meta T for tail Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Unfamiliar
Hadogenes
Unfamiliar

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 7:55 am

Kejser wrote:
Unfamiliar wrote:

i allways remeber it like this, Metasoma is for tail.. Meta T for tail Very Happy

That did pop in to my head Sad I have it all written down upstairs.

But I got confused, and though Meta T for Top!

But its tergite, with the T for Top... lol

Problem solved! Need to read over my notes again lol
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 9:54 am

lol I still have my scorpion book on the desk in case I forget which one is which Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 10:04 am

The cord is usually referred to as the "dorsal nerve cord," but after reading the book that Lisa just mentioned, I think it's actually the scorpion's heart. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chaika
Centruroides
Chaika

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 11:10 am

LadyRiotControl wrote:
I wish she would chuffing drop these babies, the waiting is killing me!

She's just playing with you Lisa Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 11:10 am

congrats on the brood lisa. I think this species is known to build little gestation chambers, not sure though.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 11:55 am

yup they do, and totally seal themselves in... for months on end!

I know she is coming close so I have had to transfer her to a new enclosure that I can get her out of easily and leave the babies in. Otherwise I would never find them in her normal enclosure!!!
Back to top Go down
Unfamiliar
Hadogenes
Unfamiliar

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 6:08 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
The cord is usually referred to as the "dorsal nerve cord," but after reading the book that Lisa just mentioned, I think it's actually the scorpion's heart. Very Happy

I've heard it called the heart but also the only real "nerve", that runs from the carapace to the end of the tail?

Also I can't imagine its the only real nerve.
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 7:26 pm

Unfamiliar wrote:
Mr. Mordax wrote:

I've heard it called the heart but also the only real "nerve", that runs from the carapace to the end of the tail?

Itll probably be something like our spinal cord that branches off to toher parts of the body, im no expert mind u but i do agree with you for having so many senses at their disposal surely they dont just have one big nerve goin down their back lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 7:30 pm

Unfamiliar wrote:
Mr. Mordax wrote:

No, because the scorpion both has a Nervous System and a Circulatory system
and the scorp has a real heart and thats the "nerve cord" you think your seeing, it extends from the front of the scorpion and allmost all the way back to the Metasoma before its devided into 2 big artories for the Metasoma

the brain or supraesophageal ganglion of the scorpion sits ontop of the esophagus and its connected to the subesophageal ganglion by circumesophageal commissure wich is located below the esophagus. The only big nerves that runs into the back of the scorpion is a ventral connective that splits up futher back into 7 free ganglia, the Ventral connective comes from the back of the subesophageal ganglion

tsk tsk tsk silly newbies Razz heheh well i think that explains it thats taken from Biology of Scorpions By Gary A Polis, but i put it some what in my own words.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 7:35 pm

uuuuuuuuuuuuh... scratch .... awesome
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 7:40 pm

The-Scorp-Whisperer wrote:
uuuuuuuuuuuuh... scratch .... awesome

Means that the red, blackish line you see on the scorpions back is its heart.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 7:43 pm

sound, so the nerve thing is underneath that?

Also i remember hearing somewhere about stabing a certain part either with a knife (if a person was doing it) or with a sting if a scorp did it to imobilise other scorpion prey if you stab at this point ints an instant kill i think it was like just behind hte carapace or sumthing, I hate to talk about this stuff but im just curious (DONT WORRY! im not gonna go about pokin cocktail sticks into scorps backs lol)
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 7:50 pm

There is no big nerve cord

the stuff your talking about is stabbing the brain, like if you get shot in the brain.. the brain is located just behide the medieal eyes of the scorpion and abit down into the scorp strike that and its instant death yeah..
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/14/2009, 7:51 pm

sound lol
Back to top Go down
Unfamiliar
Hadogenes
Unfamiliar

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty5/15/2009, 7:46 am

Thank you for clearing that up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol   S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol Empty

Back to top Go down

S. maurus palmatus... very fat lol
Page 1 of 1