The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

*sigh* I got a cat :(

Go down 
+4
scorpion111
Mr. Mordax
Venom
~Abyss~
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

*sigh* I got a cat :( Empty
PostSubject: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/13/2009, 7:41 pm

I don't know anything about cats I've always been more of a dog person. Ive read a little on kittens and cats on wiki but still worried. I found the kitten about 5 minutes before getting out of work, it had fallen in some broken desk and was basicly stuck in there. It was pretty dark and using my phone light I found her alone no mom or other kittens. She meows all the time or sleeps but she does get pretty affectionate. I know puppies arent suppose to drink cow milk so I just kinda assumed kittens couldn't either. I mashed up some puppy food and cooked it in boiling water to make mushy and she wouldn't eat it. I went to petco to get some arificial milk and bottle and it won't suckle.....maybe i'm doing it wrong. Anyways the guy at petco said it shouldnt be eating solid food right now but it snatched a piece of ham from my sadwich but just a little bit of that. I also forgot to buy kitty litter but I heard that the mom cats have to stimulate the kitten for them to urinate and last night i was petting her belly and she started twiching and peed on my bed. Crying or Very sad. Then this morning she crawled into her bowl of puppy food mush and with her legs still sticking out she peed again. I dont know if she tried climbing in the bowl of food to pee in it or if the rim of the bowl stimulated her to pee. Oh I was gonna find it a home but my girlfriend wants to keep it. I still haven't decided what I'm gonna do but in the mean time I want to be able to care for the cat. We're gonna go see the vet this weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/13/2009, 9:27 pm

eww cats
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/14/2009, 12:44 am

Sounds like she was taken away from mom WAY too early . . . she may have mistaken the puppy food for litter (something soft to go in). If you can't find any litter soon then get her a tub of cocofiber (a scorpion-keeper ought to have some laying around Wink), or she'll probably have more accidents.

Dog food isn't quite right for cats. Go to the pet store and pick up some canned kitten food if they don't have any kitten formula at the pet store (they should have some).

Give her LOTS of attention -- she'd be getting it from mom now, and if she doesn't, she might grow up to be really antisocial. Sad

If you can get her in to the vet before this weekend, that would be best (but getting her there is much better than not at all).
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/14/2009, 1:21 am

Someone on AB said if she's winged already she'll eat solid food. Unfortunatly for me I didnt buy and food at petco since the guy said she would be only needing milk. The dog food was just suppose to be temporary but I guess it did become litter. So she basicly hasn't eaten much all day except for a tiny amount of ham. So petco first thing in the morning I guess. As for the litter thing I just used some newspaper but I'm at work most of the day and not sure if she's using it. She's getting lots of attention my gf loves her and she follows us everywhere. Unless she's in her cave (she made a cave from some old sheets we gave her to sleep on). Unfortunaly I don't have a car to make a trip to the vet and still make in time for work so it has to wait for the weekend unless i can find someone to drive me. I'll post up a picture. Named her Punk because she's all white with a black stripe on her forehead that resembles a mohawk.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/14/2009, 11:14 am

awwww, congrats? on the new addition Razz

good luck with the little one eddy, hope she's ok.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/14/2009, 7:18 pm

Well I still haven't seen her use the litter but it's there and accesible. I introduced her to S'more (https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/other-vertebrates-f32/s-more-the-offspring-t2569.htm) who seems to like his new toy. They follow each other everywhere and he sleeps cuddled next to her. At times you can tell he wants some alone time so he climbs on the bed or couch knowing she can't climb that high YET.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/14/2009, 10:53 pm

Awww!! awesome
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/15/2009, 2:44 am

Ok, a kitten will let you know when toilet is coming, they usually cry and walk around looking for somewhere to go..usually in the corner of a room...or she has found the bowl so is using that (so take that up and get a litter tray) after a feed put her into the tray also so she "knows" its there.

She clearly has been away too soon from her mum because she should know how to feed, how to go to the bathroom and be more independent!
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/15/2009, 3:45 am

Mr. Mordax wrote:
Give her LOTS of attention -- she'd be getting it from mom now, and if she doesn't, she might grow up to be really antisocial. Sad
Hmm ... Sorta like me Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/15/2009, 9:03 pm

well she's eating all right now. Smore apperently developed a taste for cat food now too so I gotta watch him when I feed her. As for going to the bathroom she did poop on the kitty litter but it was weird I put her there and she just wanted to get out smore licked her near her tail and she started to go so I put her back on the litter. She did the whole burrying thing but I still suspect she needs stimulation to go because I never see her go on her own.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/16/2009, 12:28 pm

Well, it sounds like she's doing better now, at least.

I'm glad to hear the two are getting along well. Smile
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/21/2009, 12:18 am

Well...some pics. Still cant get it to poop in the litter box.
*sigh* I got a cat :( Cat10
*sigh* I got a cat :( Catdog10
*sigh* I got a cat :( Catdog11
*sigh* I got a cat :( Sleepi10
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/21/2009, 1:07 am

I squeed.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/21/2009, 10:27 am

Aw
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/21/2009, 10:55 am

awwwwww!

the dog has certainly taken a shine to her.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/21/2009, 1:04 pm

total and utter huge and massive

SQUEEEEEE
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/21/2009, 7:01 pm

scorpion111 wrote:
awwwwww!

the dog has certainly taken a shine to her.. Very Happy
He's really quite nice, sometimes they chase each other so you'll see this huge dog chase a tiny little cat down the hallway and then on their way back you see the cat running after the dog. My Girlfriend left super early this morning before I even woke up and somehow the cat ended up sleeping on my leg and the dog on my GF side of the bed. I wonder how's the cat will handle this weekend when I take the dog to my mom's for a few days. OH and she today she used the litter box for the first time on her OWN.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/21/2009, 7:17 pm

awww that's awesome eddy. my dog actually pushes me out of the bed if the oppertunity arises lol.

you should try and get a vid if you can of the cat chasing the dog... Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/21/2009, 10:16 pm

Glad to hear she knows where the bathroom is. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/22/2009, 3:17 am

Adams sisters kitten is very little too and she plays with their dog bella. Its so so cute.
Dogs and cats DO get along but only depends on the good nature of the dog.

I hate to say it but me careful though.

Adam's dad works for the council fixing things for people and one couple had a dog and 3 kittens..they put the kittens in with the dogs so his dad could work in that room...well. RIP little kittens Sad

BUT yay to yours being fine...just dont leave them on their own together until kitten is much much bigger
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/22/2009, 11:27 am

When Eri was a kitten he'd play with Lori's family dog. Very Happy To tell you the truth, I think the dog was kind of scared of him. Razz
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/22/2009, 2:30 pm

our cats get on with the dog and tortioses but thats it, they dont really like us lol! but EVERYTHING is scared of the rabbit... it chases the cats around lol!!
that is a lovely little kitten! aww too cute!!! Good luck with it!
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/22/2009, 7:21 pm

Smores dad, Rocky is also very good with other animals. They're just naturally like that. Must be the sharpaie in him.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/22/2009, 9:10 pm

Go reply to AB's counterpart.
Im replying for you and they think Im your girlfriend
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty5/22/2009, 9:52 pm

I think they were gushing over the cat, Venom, not you. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *sigh* I got a cat :(   *sigh* I got a cat :( Empty

Back to top Go down

*sigh* I got a cat :(
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next