The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Hoffmanius Tail Rot!?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Hoffmanius Tail Rot!? Empty
PostSubject: Hoffmanius Tail Rot!?   Hoffmanius Tail Rot!? Empty5/1/2009, 8:29 pm

My wee Hoffmanius Spinigerus had a bit of a bad moult a few weeks ago and the last 2 segments of his tial including the telson got stuck in the old skin and i just noticed it looks like the tail is rotting off from the base of the telson to the joint between the 4th and 5th metasomal segments and theres a collection of white stuff at the edge of the old skin near the 3rd metasomal segment and the part thats "rotting" looks a lot thinner than the tail used to be so i doubt its the old skin mearly flaking off as it looks kinda soggy and as if its been chewed off.

I know that if the tail falls off it wont grow back but if there any chance he might die as a result i dont know if its infected or not though. also are scorps known to chew off old, dead or injured parts of their limbs?

Cheers.

Really hope the tail segments dont drop off cause it would be nice to have a complete specimen ¬_¬ but i suppose if it stops him from dying its better than nothing.

Also iv'e been refering to it as "Him" since i got him but i would really like to know the sex, hes really wee tho i have a pic of his pectines but i dont know if you guys would be able to tell at his age, here it is: Hoffmanius Tail Rot!? Sdc12536

Also ide post a pic of his gippy tail but the only way i could see it myself was with a magnifying glass and they dont work with cameras.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Hoffmanius Tail Rot!?   Hoffmanius Tail Rot!? Empty5/2/2009, 2:55 am

Don't know about the "tail rot," but you've got a female there.

Females are / \, males are /\
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Hoffmanius Tail Rot!?   Hoffmanius Tail Rot!? Empty5/2/2009, 9:22 am

How do you mean females are /\ and males are / \ does that mean that males pectines conect together under the operculum?

Damnit that means i cant call her "The Hoff" anymore Sad lol
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Hoffmanius Tail Rot!?   Hoffmanius Tail Rot!? Empty5/2/2009, 11:52 am

Pretty much, yeah -- the males are tighter together and the teeth almost touch or overlap, while females have a distinct gap.
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Hoffmanius Tail Rot!?   Hoffmanius Tail Rot!? Empty5/2/2009, 12:47 pm

sound cheers, now if have the problem of thinkin up a new name for her lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoffmanius Tail Rot!?   Hoffmanius Tail Rot!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoffmanius Tail Rot!?
Page 1 of 1