The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Heterometrus madraspatensis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Heterometrus madraspatensis Empty
PostSubject: Heterometrus madraspatensis   Heterometrus madraspatensis Empty4/20/2009, 8:08 pm

Put Lisa's male Heterometrus madraspatensis into a freshy prepared container after putting in my female, for about 15mins they didn't even notice each others presence.

After careful observation i coaxed my female over to the male, instantly he grabbed hold of her metasomas and one of her chela them started juddering and waving his tail around over her. After pulling her around for a bit he got her by both chela and faces touching manouvered her around the tank till he found the flat piece of slate.
Heterometrus madraspatensis Madras10

After holding her still for a few minutes she jumped up and fiecely chased him of into a corner where he slunked with his tail between his legs.

At that point i interjected and sepatated the pair. This was what was left behind.
Heterometrus madraspatensis Madras11

Hopefully they have successfully mated but i will try again in a day or so

Last edited by GS on 11/30/2011, 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated title)
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis   Heterometrus madraspatensis Empty5/21/2009, 5:28 pm

Saturday 16th of May she unexpectedly gave birth to 5 scorplings.

Even though the pair mated successfully she was obviously already gravid as its been just under a month since their mating attempt.

Healthy brood all on her back, some slighty bigger than others
Heterometrus madraspatensis Dsc03910

She has made a small burrow up against the side of her enclosure next to the heat mat.

Thursday 21st May five days after she gave birth the scorplings are moulting into 2nd instar. Substrate looks a bit dry by her burrow so just to keep the humidity up to make it easier for moulting i have poured some water in.

Will check them tomorrow to see if it was a successful moult.
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis   Heterometrus madraspatensis Empty5/23/2009, 4:55 pm

Molt was successful babies on and off back
Heterometrus madraspatensis Dsc04110
Heterometrus madraspatensis Dsc04111
Heterometrus madraspatensis Dsc04112
Heterometrus madraspatensis Dsc04113
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis   Heterometrus madraspatensis Empty

Back to top Go down

Heterometrus madraspatensis
Page 1 of 1