The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Separating before birth

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Separating before birth Empty
PostSubject: Separating before birth   Separating before birth Empty3/14/2009, 2:40 pm

I know that i will need to separate my male from my gravid female before she gives birth, but what i need to know is;
After, can i put the male back in the smae tank or do i have to keep him in a separate tank for the remainder of his life?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Separating before birth   Separating before birth Empty3/14/2009, 2:44 pm

No, you can put him back in as soon as the young leave her back and are in their own tank.

I wouldn't suggest putting him back in if you decide to leave the babies with mom.

By the way, you don't need to start a new topic for every question you have if it's on the same basic topic. Smile
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Separating before birth   Separating before birth Empty3/14/2009, 2:46 pm

when she has birthed and you have removed the offspring. You WILL need to do that if putting an adult back in as another adult wont be as motherly to the young and will either eat to kill or eat to make a claim on the land.

When she births and babies removed, clean out the tank (new substrate) and move it all around (such as water bowl/hides). Then put the male and female back in together at the same time. Ha, I dont mean in a container and then pour them in. Just pop him and then her in, or vice versa straight away and expect some fighting but it SHOULD settle down.
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Separating before birth   Separating before birth Empty3/14/2009, 3:45 pm

thanks for the advice. Mr mordax, i only started a new topic cause i thought it would be answered more quickly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Separating before birth   Separating before birth Empty

Back to top Go down

Separating before birth
Page 1 of 1