The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Strange dead position...

Go down 
+2
Mr. Mordax
Sativa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Strange dead position... Empty
PostSubject: Strange dead position...   Strange dead position... Empty3/5/2009, 12:41 pm

Do someone know why some scorpions die on there back..I mean,it could not be an easy move for them to flip around on there back.My Orthochirus scrobiculosus negebensis male past away like that..proberly because of age ! And I have heard from others who had experienced the same thing.
Any clues ?

Will a scorpion die if they land on there back and not being able to turn themself back again ?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Strange dead position...   Strange dead position... Empty3/5/2009, 12:52 pm

A healthy scorpion can flip itself right-side-up . . . I'm wondering if yours died while hanging from something and just landed on its back.

People have posed a similar question about cockroaches, and the thought in that case was coming into contact with pesticides may have induced seizures in the insect that resulted in it flipping over while in the process of dying, and not having enough coordination left to right itself.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Strange dead position...   Strange dead position... Empty3/5/2009, 1:09 pm

Could be molting.
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Strange dead position...   Strange dead position... Empty3/5/2009, 2:03 pm

upside down??? its a scorp venom... not a tarantula.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Strange dead position...   Strange dead position... Empty3/5/2009, 2:08 pm

Your point?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Strange dead position...   Strange dead position... Empty3/5/2009, 2:16 pm

A few scorp species seem to prefer moulting upside down, like Parabuthus Sp.
Back to top Go down
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

PostSubject: Re: Strange dead position...   Strange dead position... Empty3/5/2009, 4:20 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
A healthy scorpion can flip itself right-side-up . . . I'm wondering if yours died while hanging from something and just landed on its back..
There was nothing he could hang from.

Quote :
People have posed a similar question about cockroaches, and the thought in that case was coming into contact with pesticides may have induced seizures in the insect that resulted in it flipping over while in the process of dying, and not having enough coordination left to right itself.
I'm pretty sure its not pesticides as all my other animals would have died too or at least some would...

My best bet is he died because of age..I had him for about 3 month and the owner before me had him for a yeah (as adult) He bought him as adult too and didn't know how long time it had been adult before that.
I dont know how old this spieces can be...particularly the male..Anybody knows how old these scorpions can be ?

Most of all I really would like to know why they does that "dying on there back" if there in fact is a reason and not just a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Strange dead position...   Strange dead position... Empty3/6/2009, 1:56 pm

from what ive seen of deaths they are always right side up.
never seen a dead on on its back unless its been in with another and maybe been moved about?
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

PostSubject: Re: Strange dead position...   Strange dead position... Empty3/11/2009, 11:25 am

I had hoped someone would have an idea or clue to what or why they did that..My best guess is that they tip over on there back,when they standing on there tail and trying to reach the top of the box,and not having the strengh to flip back on the right side again cause there old age and being closed to there death anyway...Any better idea ?

Is there not someone who know how old Orthochirus sp. can be ? I have heard about 3 years but don't know if that is correct !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange dead position...   Strange dead position... Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange dead position...
Page 1 of 1