The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Hyperactive hadrusus

Go down 
+2
scorpion111
savvybanana
6 posters
AuthorMessage
savvybanana
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Hyperactive hadrusus Empty
PostSubject: Hyperactive hadrusus   Hyperactive hadrusus Empty2/14/2009, 2:56 pm

Hi all- I'm new here...
anyway, I was hoping someone could offer some insight-- I've had my scorpion for a year and a half and I'm pretty accustomed to her normal behavior- she hides out most of the time, unless she is hungry or she senses food around. But lately (about 2 weeks) she's been going bananas!! I put some foodies in there for her, and she ate about half, but isn't showing much interest and is just running all over. It's just really out of character for her to be this active. She molted a few months back, but I've been in the process of a HUGE move and haven't had much time to fix things up for her since she has gotten bigger ( I was surprised to see how big a difference one molt makes!!) So today that's what I'll be doing and hopefully that helps plus she seems to be calming down a bit today. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with theirs going bonkers like this??
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Hyperactive hadrusus   Hyperactive hadrusus Empty2/14/2009, 3:15 pm

usually that sort of thing is caused by lots of excess heat, or lack of water...

any ideas?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: Hyperactive hadrusus   Hyperactive hadrusus Empty2/14/2009, 3:20 pm

oh yeah, did you notice any other behaviour? stilting, etc?
Back to top Go down
savvybanana
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Hyperactive hadrusus   Hyperactive hadrusus Empty2/14/2009, 5:14 pm

So far everything in her tank has been constant- temp and moisture level-wise. Behaviorally, nothing has really been out of the ordinary- with the exception of being extra active. I mean she was like crawling on and over stuff and running- not slow, but fast- all over- kind of like she was on a mission to get somewhere.
Today has been a really calm day for her though, so maybe she's over it? I don't know... I guess if she's this mellow a few more days in a row, I won't be so worried, it's just so weird that nothing has really changed and she was being such a spaz
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: Hyperactive hadrusus   Hyperactive hadrusus Empty2/14/2009, 5:18 pm

mabye it's a MM... scratch

any other scorpions you got at the moment? females?
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Hyperactive hadrusus   Hyperactive hadrusus Empty2/15/2009, 6:47 am

sometimes scorpions do things that get us a bit concerned but all animals get funny 5 minutes
Currently I have Pumpkin RACING around the house and pushing along a tub and talking to it....but make it a scorpion racing about and we seem to get a bit concerened. I guess we sometimes forget that they have a "mind of their own" and sometimes go a bit silly for whatever reason Smile

but if things havent changed at all, then I truely think its just been a funny 5 minutes that lasted a few days and are now calming down Smile
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hyperactive hadrusus   Hyperactive hadrusus Empty2/15/2009, 9:45 am

The only thing I know of that makes Hadrurus' run around is too warm of an enclosure, but you said there is no change in temps. Does the tank get any sunlight at all? That can kill a scorpion...even if just a little bit of sunlight hits the tank.
Back to top Go down
savvybanana
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Hyperactive hadrusus   Hyperactive hadrusus Empty2/17/2009, 5:13 pm

Well, I upgraded her rocks and completely cleaned out her tank and the missus is acting like her normal self. I think she had outgrown some of the stuff in her tank and just needed an upgrade Very Happy I was probably overreacting a bit- I just get worried cuz it's not like my dog that I can see in pain or anything ya know?? Anyway, thanks for all the help and suggestions!!!
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Hyperactive hadrusus   Hyperactive hadrusus Empty2/17/2009, 8:09 pm

Bayss wrote:
That can kill a scorpion...even if just a little bit of sunlight hits the tank.

unlikely. methinks they would encounter sunlight in the wild... be a terrible bit of evolution if sunlight killed them.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Hyperactive hadrusus   Hyperactive hadrusus Empty2/17/2009, 10:43 pm

I think he means the tank becomes an oven in sunlight. But it might just be the move let her adjust.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hyperactive hadrusus   Hyperactive hadrusus Empty2/17/2009, 11:21 pm

Sunlight on the tank is bad...plain old sun light just on the scorpion won't kill them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyperactive hadrusus   Hyperactive hadrusus Empty

Back to top Go down

Hyperactive hadrusus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpions In General-
Jump to: