The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Babycurus jacksoni

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
arachnidlover74
Pandinus

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Babycurus jacksoni Empty
PostSubject: Babycurus jacksoni   Babycurus jacksoni Empty2/25/2008, 8:20 pm

Hello.

Back in the early 90's I had a commune tank with B. Jacksoni's (red thick tails) and Centruroides Gracilis (Florida Bark Scorpions) and have been tagged by both. The stings from both were very painful and I assume that's because they managed to squeeze out a good deal of venom in the stings. It felt like liquid fire inside my hand that spread outward from the sting site. The pain lasted roughly 24 hours with stings from both. Not something I'd really want to feel again.

What I did to help ease the pain a bit was to get a strip of gauze, wet it, and dip one side of it in baking soda. I wrapped the gauze around my finger (baking soda against the skin / sting area) and I let it dry. It did help lessen the pain just a bit... but a bit was well worth it.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Babycurus jacksoni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babycurus jacksoni   Babycurus jacksoni Empty5/16/2008, 11:12 pm

Just got stung today. I Checked on my 4I comunity and lifted a piece of bark to find one attached to it. THey had more than enough hides and I needed a little piece of cork bark for some new arrivals so I just shook it off. It ended up crawling up my arm and I tailed it pick it off. I got stung but it wasn't as painful as I imagined it to be. The sting site "hurt" for about 2-3 hours and all effects were gone by then.
Sting pain
4/10
Venom Pain
4/10
Total time: 2-3 hours
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Babycurus jacksoni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babycurus jacksoni   Babycurus jacksoni Empty5/16/2008, 11:25 pm

baking soda is an old time folk recipe for venom and I've used it for all the stings I got growing up and the C.vitti sting I got a few months back. I stand by the baking soda poultice - hi five
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2012-08-08

Babycurus jacksoni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babycurus jacksoni   Babycurus jacksoni Empty3/2/2013, 9:05 pm

About 48 minutes ago I was stung by a 1.5 inch B. jacksoni scorpling. I was moving stuff around in the enclosure and decided to try and handle him. It was going well until he ran up my arm and under my sleeve. I got him out and proceded to cup him, but because of his location on the underside of my forearm, I accidentally pinched either a claw or leg and he stung me right there.No injuries were caused to me, and the lil' dude is fine. It hurt initially like a bad bee sting, but quickly turned into a strong tingling sensation. Occasionally it wil heighten with various movements. I have not received medical attention and should not need any. If any changes occur, I will say so below the picture.

Here is a picture:

https://2img.net/h/i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2a1f38fa.jpg

Update: Swelling has disappeared but tingling sensation still continues. The sting site is marked by a red dot.

Update 2: The tingling has now receded to the local area.

Last edited by ShredderEmp on 3/3/2013, 1:05 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : More Informaion)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Babycurus jacksoni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babycurus jacksoni   Babycurus jacksoni Empty

Back to top Go down

Babycurus jacksoni
Page 1 of 1