The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

My scorpion is dead!

Go down 
+5
*Connie*
LadyRiotControl
pandinus
scorpion111
RX8 TuRbo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-23

My scorpion is dead! Empty
PostSubject: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 4:30 pm

Sup guys, ive been a long time lurker on this forum and i decided to join today to find out some info on my scorpions behaviour.

So the story goes like this~

For the past 2 days my Emperor Scorpionappeared to be dead. he is inactive and doesnt move at all... i poke him a few times and doesnt move. i can see his little legs twitch here and there but it has stopped moving today!

Now the wierd thing is, his tail has been moving all day today. it looks like his tail is the only thing alive on it.... i have no idea what the hells going on!

i have been messin with scorpions for about 3 years now and i have never seen anything like this....

someone please SHINE THE LIGHT for me!!!!

Thanks in Advance!

Billy-

Last edited by *Connie* on 1/23/2009, 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : CAPS is shouting. we know you are distressed (and also no swearing, letters counts, we know what you mean etc))
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 4:34 pm

this almost sounds like dyskinetic syndrome or something simmilar...or mabye he was just speazzing out before he died... scratch
Back to top Go down
pandinus
Hadogenes
pandinus

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 4:35 pm

sounds like ones i have seen that have become either overheated, overcooled, or dehydrated. sadly when it progresses to this stage, i havent ever seen one make a recovery, as these symptoms seem to be indicative of nerve damage.

John
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EKS_arachnid_society/
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 4:47 pm

it may have some sort of internal parasite. this happened to one of my emps years ago... i left it out to dry and it started twitching an hour later. freaked out!!!!

anyway on closer inspection i could see little maggot like 'things' crawling inside of it making the scorpion look like it was twitching.
I thought they were maggots but i never saw them change into anything, they just seemed to die.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 4:48 pm

nematodes?
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 4:57 pm

I have 2 Emperor Scorpions in the same tank (male and female), which is a 20 gallon tank with 2 hide-outs for each of their own.

Can I rule out the possibilties that my scorpion has any type of parasites because the other female emp.scorpion is very healthy and active. Also, my tank is properly heated and i have an automatic spray machine(sprays every 6 hours) and keeps a humidity level to 83.3 to be exact with exotic plants planted inside to keep a natural circulation flowing in the tanks enviornment.

I am not sure what to do with it. I am a little sad to see my buddy go right now. Sad
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 4:59 pm

well, there was probably nothing you could have done. probably just old age or something.

as for what to do with it, I give my dead s'lings to dermestid beetles or flush them down the toilet lol.
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 5:06 pm

Possibly, he is exactly 4 years and 4 months and 21 days so i dont think its the age.

We shall see, ill be updating more on his condition. I really am trying to get to the bottom of this. Diagnosing isnt to simple.

Suggestions or comments are welcome !
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 5:12 pm

well, if he is a Wild caught specimen he probably lived quite alot of his life in the wild.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 5:21 pm

could VERY well be old age. Unless you had this pandinus imperator from a baby you wont know its age.
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 5:28 pm

it was my cousins at first, he was the one that got me really fascinated with scorpions.

He had an emperor scorpion himself and this is one of its babies that actually lived through each molt stages. He held this one for me at his house and i used to go there to look at it and see what it was doing~ So... yea, he finally gave it to me when he decided to move out his stuff~ so yea, i pretty much remember the day it was born because that was the day of my friends car accident Neutral lol

but yes, im still looking out right now! i just might get a yellow fat tail next. im not sure what to get
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 5:33 pm

Why did my title change??? what was so wrong with it?? I made it liek that because its urgent.!
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 5:34 pm

Now this thread looks DEPRESSING and Not To Interesting... -.-
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 5:42 pm

it was probably because it was so...

OMG HELP MY SCORPION IS DEAD WTF

you don't need such a flashy title lol. you'll still get the same amount of help. Smile
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 5:49 pm

thanks... but i was being sarcastic... -.-
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 5:58 pm

oh... Embarassed

I can't pick up sarcasm over a computer lol.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 6:04 pm

no need to be sarcastic. this forum is about help and support and people ARE helping you and supporting you.
I know you are distressed. I understand that but if we all used capitals, things would be pretty messy and nothing would be important and nothing needs to be made more important because everything, every member posts is important and will be replied to.
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Unfamiliar
Hadogenes
Unfamiliar

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 6:33 pm

My mouldy emp died recently, and his last movements were tail movements.

Maybe its the last thing to go!
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/23/2009, 9:23 pm

Sorry bout the deaths. I was really pulling for that mouldy scorpion Unfamilar!

Keep a close eye on your other 2 Turbo. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
pandinus
Hadogenes
pandinus

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/24/2009, 12:20 am

scorpion111 wrote:
oh... Embarassed

I can't pick up sarcasm over a computer lol.

you have to have special software for that. Wink

John
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EKS_arachnid_society/
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/24/2009, 8:51 am

my first emp that died did something like this. i put it in a seperate container and all that was moving was its tail.
dunno what it is but mine was doing it for 2 days and not recovering so it went in the fridge...
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/24/2009, 9:21 am

Well thanks for the support you guys, i just found it completely dead now... :/

its not moving at all, its lifeless.

Im just going to say its form old age.. im suprised it didnt live for more then 4 years.. im sorta dissapointed it couldnt pull through a bit longer. it was very healthy a week before this and was very active. Seems like you just ownt know when or where it will pass-

Suspecious
Back to top Go down
scorpling~
Centruroides
scorpling~

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/24/2009, 10:48 am

i feel the heartache n depression turbo.. my scorp just died y'day.. infact it was my 1st male h. spinny.. only had him for 3 days.. RIP lil buddy..
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty1/27/2009, 12:13 pm

sorry to hear Scorpling'~
it really is a bummer, such a drag dude- :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is dead!   My scorpion is dead! Empty

Back to top Go down

My scorpion is dead!
Page 1 of 1